Respected Contributor

Welcome Home @monicakm 🐾 🐶 🐩 🐕 

Respected Contributor

@monicakm :  I am so glad you are home by now and recuperating with your furry babies and your DH.  Take care of yourself.

Respected Contributor

When I had open heart surgery in 1988, when I came home I found it more comfortable to sleep sort of half propped up on pillows (or if you have an adjustable bed)

Also, I wore a bra to sleep in for a bit, as the weight of my breasts tended to pull on the incision where they wired my sternum back together & it hurt.  It was several months before I could sleep on my side again, too.   

The 1st time you sneeze, it can hurt like the dickens, too!  Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm So glad to hear you're on your way home; best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Dear Monica, please forgive me, for some odd reason I am out of this loop, did not know you had been hospitalized, may I ask what happened, I knew you had knee surgery but this sounds like something else, so sorry.  Shel

@Shelbelle  - @monicakm had open heart surgery.  If she wants to expand on that, I will let her do it.

Super Contributor

@monicakm Congratulations on going home!!! We can't wait for an update on how your furry greeters were when they got to see you again in person!!! I bet they will Velcro themselves onto as much of you as they are allowed lol. Awwww what a GREAT DAY!!!

Your spirit and strength has undoubtedly helped anyone reading your journey to gather theirs and go forward with any surgery they might fear. You brought beauty and grace to what I am sure is a rather stressful and sometimes sad hospital floor. I LOVE your "going home" MU choices. Don't know what gloss you ended up choosing, but with your flair for MU, it will be most perfect! You will be missed at the hospital!

Enjoy recuperating at home on your schedule, make sure you do cardiac rehab to get back your confidence if they suggest it, and be gentle on yourself during recovery. I already know you will look as gorgeous as ever in no time, and doing hair and makeup will help mentally. It always does!

Take good care and enjoy that newHeart

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm going home today

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

Welcome home and wishing you a speedy recovery. You're home with your beloved pups and dear husband which is the best medicine.

Valued Contributor

@monicakm, so glad you are going home.  love your going home look.   

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm That you have the energy to deal with makeup is a wonderful sign that you're doing well considering what you've been through. Wishing you a successful recovery.