Super Contributor

Is 60 old?  I want a bike from Santa but don't know if I can still ride one (or be like Ruth Buzzy another poster said)

It's been an interesting life so far and I can't wait to see what happens next...

I wear lots of clothing and makeup from QVC, pay too much for my hair and pets, and have managed to become a more  positive, helpful person.

Honored Contributor

@Helen Bach wrote:

Is 60 old?  I want a bike from Santa but don't know if I can still ride one (or be like Ruth Buzzy another poster said)

It's been an interesting life so far and I can't wait to see what happens next...

I wear lots of clothing and makeup from QVC, pay too much for my hair and pets, and have managed to become a more  positive, helpful person.

@Helen Bach. Happy birthday!!!!!I will be joining the 60 club in January. No 60 is not too old. I still ride my bike-hubby and I take nice bike rides all Srping and Summer and Fall, and in the Winter I exercise on my Stationary bike, and alternate that with my XL Glider......60 in my opinion is still young, or at least that is how I feel........

Buy yourself that bike and have a blast!!

Honored Contributor

Re: I just turned 60

[ Edited ]

Happy birthday @Helen Bach!  60 is a great age!  As for if it is old...that depends.  If you are 10...old, if you are 90...young.  So someone is always thinking you are young or old...waste of time to worry about it.  Enjoy this year being 60 and always young at heart!

I'm an old youngster and my husband just bought us Baja Sun Trikes  for Christmas.  (We are going to ride them to the club for workouts and on the numerous bike paths.)  Our puppy rides in the basket.  Enjoy your bike!

Respected Contributor

HELEN...    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  Celebrate your age.  It's just a number, but it's a gorgeous number, with the right attitude, luck and genes.   Do whatever you want to do. YOU'VE EARNED IT.   Wishing you much happiness and health for many many more rewarding years to come.    CELEBRATE, Helen!!!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd I was typing a similar message but I liked yours better!

I think if your health is good then you are never too old.Dont change how you do anything because you think you are too old for it only modify if you must.

Honored Contributor

@Helen Bach  Happy Birthday!  60 is wonderful!  I feel so fortunate to be 63 and you should feel the same way at  60.  You are as old as you feel.  Someone age 20 would see us as ancient.....someone age  50.... not so much.  It is just a perspective from where your viewpoint is coming from.  

Now, at age 65... the medical field sees us as elderly.....one foot in the grave so to speak.   

but  on the good side Medicare kicks in!  😄

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday!  I hope you are doing well.

I just turned 64 last month and still remember when I turned 60 and just felt really weird.  Hard to describe, but it didn't feel real to me at all.

If you are in good health you can ride a bike.  Personally, and after having fallen last fall and broke my arm, everything I do now seems contingent on the absolute terror of falling again.    Bums me out because I would like to ride the bike again but it's not going to happen.

Best wishes!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday! No sixty is not old. I will be sixty two tomorrow and the sixties are wonderful. I got a bicycle a couple years ago and hadn't ridden one in years. It is true what they say about never forgetting how to ride one. Now at first I was a little wobbly on it but after about fifteen minutes it was great. Get that bicycle and enjoy every moment you can riding it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I just turned 60

[ Edited ]

I just turned 60 in November- the days leading to it were more traumatic than the actual day!! I just couldn't believe - ME? SIXTY??!  Woman Surprised  Now I feel great, even  better than I did most of the years in my 50's. I look at this new age bracket as my next chapter.  Live life- and ENJOY !! Heart

Honored Contributor

I turned 60 earlier this year. I will be 61 in a couple of months. Yes 60 is old IMO. I don't feel like I'm 60 & I sure don't act like it. LOL!!!

Happy Birthday. I don't think you will have any problems riding a bike. Go For It.