Honored Contributor

The Saturday after Thanksgiving our son lost his wallet. Everyone looked everywhere for it: chair cushions,etc. He decided it was lost and did the paper work to get driver's license back and other stuff. We all prayed to our Higher Power for its return. A few days later the police showed up at his workplace. Someone had found it and returned it intact. I think this is a wonderful story about the goodness of people.

Honored Contributor

I still think most people are good and decent.  It's just that the bad ones make the news more often.  I'm glad your son got his wallet back and intact.

Honored Contributor

Great post, thank you!

http://www.mckellar.com/sites/default/files/seasons_greetings3.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I still think most people are good and decent.  It's just that the bad ones make the news more often.  I'm glad your son got his wallet back and intact.

You are so right @Venezia, thank you for reminding us all of that!

Respected Contributor

What a nice post.  Great way to start the week

Honored Contributor

That reminds me of a 'lost & found' ad I saw on our local Craigslist yesterday:

FOUND - wallet with very large sum of cash. Contact me with the ID name inside and I will gladly deliver it back to you.

Within hours, another post was made by the one who lost it, thanking the person for returning it, with all cash intact.

It seems she was an elderly grandmother who had saved all year to be able to buy her grands and great-grands a little something for Christmas.

She had apparently dropped it when she went out to shop.

Yes, there are indeed still some great people in this world!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

That is good news.  My mother left her wallet in a grocery cart the day before she was leaving for Florida for the winter.  Someone found it a couple miles away in the parking lot of a restaurant.  They delivered it to her.  Luckily the only thing missing was her $$$, which could be replaced.  It's a good reminder to know what's in there, so you can cancel cards quickly.

Honored Contributor

I totally agree most people are honest and do the thing.  

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you — begins at home and stays in your heart throughout your life.

No not perfect by a long shot but I do know right from wrong. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A very thankful message

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

The Saturday after Thanksgiving our son lost his wallet. Everyone looked everywhere for it: chair cushions,etc. He decided it was lost and did the paper work to get driver's license back and other stuff. We all prayed to our Higher Power for its return. A few days later the police showed up at his workplace. Someone had found it and returned it intact. I think this is a wonderful story about the goodness of people.

Several years ago my son lost his wallet after leaving work. I got a phone call from a man saying a woman found his wallet, and gave it to him..there was no contact number,..but he had an address. He then called my apartment mgr and she gave him my number. He called me and told me he had my son's wallet. We had already been looking at cancelling his credit cards..etc..I was so happy and told him so. When I told him where my son worked...he said he would drop it off there,since it was so close! There really ARE good people out there...I prayed it would be found too! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

That reminds me of a 'lost & found' ad I saw on our local Craigslist yesterday:

FOUND - wallet with very large sum of cash. Contact me with the ID name inside and I will gladly deliver it back to you.

Within hours, another post was made by the one who lost it, thanking the person for returning it, with all cash intact.

It seems she was an elderly grandmother who had saved all year to be able to buy her grands and great-grands a little something for Christmas.

She had apparently dropped it when she went out to shop.

Yes, there are indeed still some great people in this world!Heart

OMG...bless her heart..thank God she got her wallet back!..God bless the one that returned it!!!! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West