Respected Contributor
Is tiktok mainly for younger people,or do older adults such as myself(I'm 66) get on this site as well?I'm not looking to make videos,but just browsing.before I go to the trouble of setting up a account,I would like all of your opinions.thank you
Honored Contributor

A dear friend of mine (a senior citizen) spends hours at a time on TikTok.  I've never even looked at it.  Just doesn't interest me, I guess.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam    I don't know what all the site has to offer but I've seen many really good videos on Facebook from TikTok.  If you enjoy them and whatever else is on there, go for it!  I don't think age is a factor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Re: I have a question

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam  I go to Reels that's on Facebook. If you're on Facebook, you don't have make an account for TikTok. I think it's for any age. 

Honored Contributor

I'm old and I check out Ticktok from time to time, age has nothing to do with it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I have no interest in TikTok.   Never been on it and never will. There is only so much nonsense I can stand.  

Respected Contributor

I think it is for any age.  More and more people seem to be following it.  I check in occasionally.  Some of the videos are quite good.

Respected Contributor

Re: I have a question

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam  According to a Bloomberg article, tiktok is owned by China's ByteDance Ltd. and certain employees outside the US can gain access to info from users in America.

This has caused an issue/controversy/criticism about the app's ability to harvest personal info from Americans.

You may want to research/google the app to learn about it.

Honored Contributor

All ages.  But mostly under 30.  Some of the videos are hilarious.  A lot of Spanish Language videos.  Certainly for the young per the celebrity fan videos.  I used to have it.  I had to uninstall it because it took too much room on my phone (I have a lot of apps) 

Honored Contributor

I concur with @Desert Lily.  Do your research first.  You should think twice before using it.  It was created & is owned by China.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.