Honored Contributor

Re: I'd like your thoughts on a friend situation......

@AngelPuppy1 

You were right to reach out to her, but that's about all you can do.  Just remember, it's not about you. Whatever has closed her off is her burden.  You're a winner in this scenario because you have a loving, open heart. 

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

I would just continue to keep in touch with cards for birthday and Christmas and let it go at that. I wouldn't go out of my way to do anything else but cards are nice and an easy thing to do. 

Super Contributor

Honestly, I think you're pushing too hard.  She's different to you, doesn't write often, or call, maybe because her life has complications,  I'd just let her do what  she does & accept that he friendship has changed.  

Respected Contributor

I totally understand you're not wanting to give up and you kept trying, but there's a time to "let it go".  I've had a hard time with friendships too at times and I hate to "let it go" but I do.  I try to tell myself "it's not me" but it's hard not to take it personally.  I had a friend, our husbands were friends first and, so I thought, we all got along, they lived only 2 miles from us for 40 years but over time it got more difficult to get together, which I understood, working, raising children etc.  I tried but finally gave up.  Well, we both retired at the same time but one of us moved to Florida and the other to North Carolina.  Low and behold she got my cell phone number from another mutual friend and called me!  I was floored!  The conversation was weird, she kept asking me why I moved to NC, they looked in the development that we bought in but didn't like it and wanted to live in Florida, then she went on and on about the "big" house she was building and that they were putting in a pool! Needless to say, at this point in my life, material things don't mean much, we moved where we wanted to & built the house we wanted too, don't care what anyone else has.  The most important thing in my life is the health of my husband and my health.  Good for her that she built a big house and pool.   That was in 2018, she kept sending Xmas cards saying to come down and visit, this year I didn't get a Xmas card!  I don't know why she wanted to get in touch after not wanting to be bothered when we only lived within two miles of each other but needless to say I don't want to reconnect with her.  We will be traveling to Florida but I won't be getting in touch with her.