Honored Contributor

Re: I Made A New QVC Friend Today!

Such a lovely story.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66You, Luv, are not a nut job.  You are a gift to everyone and I'm glad we collected eachother!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I’m just glad to see you back here, “nut job” or not.😄  I’ve missed you!🙁

❤️

Respected Contributor

Great story.  Here is mine.  I was at work with my new QVC tumbler (the tsv a couple of weeks ago) sipping my coffee when a coworker walked by and said “I know where you got that”.   Can’t keep any QVC secrets!

Esteemed Contributor

So nice to have you back @Annabellethecat66!  What a sweet and lovely story you've shared with us.  

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Annabellethecat66You, Luv, are not a nut job.  You are a gift to everyone and I'm glad we collected eachother!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG:  So you are friends in real life?  

Respected Contributor

Great story, @Annabellethecat66! Welcome back. 🤗

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG:  So you are friends in real life?  

@HoovermomShe's several states to the north of me.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I do not have a story to share but just wanted to say what a lovely story you shared! How nice you made a friend.....it seems to me that this was not just something that happened....it was predestined that you meet. I hope you both at least go to lunch sometime and get to know one another🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I totally agree.  I think everything happens for a reason.

I love meeting new people.  I'm the weird lady in the store who stops and talks about this and that and we part (never to meet again).

I just got off the phone with my youngest daughter.  I was telling her.  I went to the Drs today and when I got out of my car I started a conversation with a ninety something lady who obviously was in pain, but she was 'trucking' along.  I talked with her as we walked into the building.  I helped her look for the Drs name; only to discover she was in the wrong building.  I felt so sorry for her.

After seeing the Dr, as I got on the elevator I saw a young woman (maybe in her mid 20's) coming toward the elevator.  I stood inside the elevator and held the door open.  The young woman never looked up from her phone.  She stepped inside the elevator (never looking up from the phone).  I never saw her look to see what button had been pushed.  

When the doors opened, she walked out (again, never looking up) bumping into me (never said, "sorry") just kept walking (head in phone).

There have been times when something like that happened I've said, (loudly...."You're welcome").  However, I didn't this time because I don't think she'd have heard me and didn't care anyway.

Good grief!  How sad, these people and their phones!  It's totally gotten out of control!

Riding down the highway, I look over and see people driving the car, looking at their cell phones and texting....down the highway, going 50-55 miles per hour!

I live off of a one lane in each direction very, very winding country road.  If you don't pay attention, you'll go into a very deep ditch and the car will either flip over or go so deep only a tow truck will get you out.

Well, wouldn't you know, the car in front of me kept drifting toward the ditch and the driver would jerk it back to the road.

As I turned into my road, I looked over and .....you guessed it, she was holding up her cell phone.

Crazy and dangerous times.