Honored Contributor

DH just informed me that we have a baby snake lose in the basement!

We started out with one he brought up from the pond which he put in a plastic turtle box (lucky me!)!  

The other he found on the floor and thought he had lost the first!  Where did this one come from?  Who knows!

Find the *******thing!

Image result for baby black snake pictures

(This is a google pic.).

Valued Contributor

Um

..no thanks... no snakes in the house please...   Maryanne

Honored Contributor

My son loved animals and worked in pet shops while he was in school.   I never knew what I was going to find in his room.   Fortunately he never kept a snake as a pet but there were plenty of other vile things. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

OMG! That is so freaky! I would die if I found a snake in my house (baby or not)!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Do you have cats ?i had one little girl cat that used to love snakes .  very picky   would only bring me poisonous ones, like copperheads... I started checking her mouth before she was allowed in... she loved the koi pond, here snakey i could almost her her whispering sitting on the edge! she is no longer  , here for  19 years  , her antics remain  clear as yesterday . .. Maryanne

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Live In A Zoo!

[ Edited ]

Awwwww! That snake in the picture is so cute!

I once had a male cat that would bring home garden snakes and geckos.

I would always pick them up and put them back outside, where they could and would eat bugs.

Valued Contributor

@ECBGlet us know where it shows up!  kind of intrested now!... Maryanne

Honored Contributor

Check into what kind of snake it is. We have black snakes around us (one lives in our front garden and sleeps under the steps during the day). My parents had one in their basement for YEARS. Not once did they have any type of bug, mouse ANYTHING in their basement.

People spend up to a thousand for them to  place in their vacation cabins/homes in the mountains/at the bay. Why? Because the snakes are not poisonious, they don't want anything to do with humans, they hide other than to hunt (at night, in the dark) and they are AMAZING hunters. They keep the vacation homes/cabins insect and rodent free.

Trusted Contributor

My concern would be where is his Mama?  Yikes. Glad I'm a city girl!

Honored Contributor

Re: I Live In A Zoo!

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

Check into what kind of snake it is. We have black snakes around us (one lives in our front garden and sleeps under the steps during the day). My parents had one in their basement for YEARS. Not once did they have any type of bug, mouse ANYTHING in their basement.

People spend up to a thousand for them to  place in their vacation cabins/homes in the mountains/at the bay. Why? Because the snakes are not poisonious, they don't want anything to do with humans, they hide other than to hunt (at night, in the dark) and they are AMAZING hunters. They keep the vacation homes/cabins insect and rodent free.

@SahmIamThey are black snakes and I know they do eat mice and bugs.  I much prefer an adult black snake because they stay out of your way, OR an  elephant.  I know where that is.