Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I always put hummingbird feeders out in the summer and have never experienced this situation. 

There are 2 feeders about 10 feet apart.  They are two of the three I used last year, so nothing is new.  One feeder is being ignored, even after placing it in a different spot.  They both contain the same nectar which is just sugar water.  I'm stumped!  

Does anyone have a suggestion other than tossing the ignored feeder? 

Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@NickNack ...  

Respected Contributor

I think there are different schools of thought but I’ve read to place the feeders 15 to 20 feet apart and out of sight of one another because hummingbirds are territorial. 

Honored Contributor

Did you just post this is another forum?  It seems like I just read this and replied somewhere else.  One of them might be getting mold either from too much sun or from not changing the sugar water enough.  You need to clean the feeder thoroughly to get rid of the mold.  Are they the same style feeder?  If not, maybe the hummers prefer one style over the other.  I like the Hummzinger feeders.  They are extremely easy to clean, and you can see the hummingbirds from all sides.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Yes, this thread is a duplicate.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic   I've already answered this but thought of something else.  If it's ruby hummingbirds that you have, the feeders should be out of sight of each other.  They don't like to share the same space when eating.  I have one feeder on my front porch and one outside my kitchen window on opposite sides of the house.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone!

If this was duplicated, I didn't do it!  Blame it on a glitch in the system!  

Respected Contributor

QVC moderators!  Please delete this thread!  Evidently it was duplicated.  Thanks!