Valued Contributor

How much time do you give someone?

[ Edited ]

I called someone on Friday to get some outside work done.

He called me later on Friday to say he had to check his schedule.,,Being that it was a holiday weekend..

How long would you wait for a response

before calling someone else?

I left him another message today..I can wait to get the work done but I need to know if he is interested in doing it.

Honored Contributor

Re: How much time do you give someone?

I'd give him today.  I would have another number ready if you don't hear from him by 3pm tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

If it isn't an emergency at least a week.  Finding someone good is more important than finding someone fast.  And if they call you right back, says to me they aren't really in demand. 

Super Contributor

I agree with the other poster. If you hear nothing by tomorrow, maybe this is his nice way of saying he doesn't want the job. 

Honored Contributor

Being an impatient person I would give him today and I would be calling other workers tomorrow.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I would give them until today. Usually I call more than one and the first one that calls and doesn't seem like a flake (after I've checked them out first) gets the job.

Honored Contributor

48 hours.  If they don't get back to me in that timeframe either they are too busy or don't want the job.  In either case I'd call someone else.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

He did call you back later in the day, on Friday.  That tells me he's interested in doing the work, but as he stated, there was a holiday weekend coming up. 

Most people are a bit behind on weeks when there is a Monday holiday.  I'd wait another day.  

Honored Contributor

I'm amazed he called you to tell you he would have to check his schedule.  Most people never bother to call me back at all.

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

He did call you back later in the day, on Friday.  That tells me he's interested in doing the work, but as he stated, there was a holiday weekend coming up. 

Most people are a bit behind on weeks when there is a Monday holiday.  I'd wait another day.  

@september  She gave him a reminder call today.