Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

HSN is in Florida. QVC is in Pennsylvania. The COVID response and restrictions vary greatly between these two states. State restrictions as well as company guidelines would have an impact on shipping times.  These are two separate companies that operate independently even though they are owned by one corporation.

COVID is far from being subdued. The warehouse worker's safety is a top priority. I'll happily wait an extra week or so if it means no one's health is being put at risk by being in an overcrowded warehouse just to get a shipment out a few days faster.

Has nothing to do with Florida vs Pennsyvania or Covid. Everything I have ever purchased from HSN over the last 10 years has been shipped from Ontario, California or sometimes from the vendor - not from the state where they are broadcasting.

Respected Contributor

ITA @Just Bling  HSN is so much better at shipping their orders than QVC.  HSN is better than QVC at everything imo, but that is for another post.  Placed an order on April 5 with HSN, had it within days. Placed another order with them on the 8th, already enroute to me.  People try and blame the pandemic for QVC's poor performance with their shipping. The Q's shipping problems were awful even before that started. Just one of the reasons I very seldom order from the Q.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@On It wrote:

HSN is in Florida. QVC is in Pennsylvania. The COVID response and restrictions vary greatly between these two states. State restrictions as well as company guidelines would have an impact on shipping times.  These are two separate companies that operate independently even though they are owned by one corporation.

COVID is far from being subdued. The warehouse worker's safety is a top priority. I'll happily wait an extra week or so if it means no one's health is being put at risk by being in an overcrowded warehouse just to get a shipment out a few days faster.

Has nothing to do with Florida vs Pennsyvania or Covid. Everything I have ever purchased from HSN over the last 10 years has been shipped from Ontario, California or sometimes from the vendor - not from the state where they are broadcasting.

@froggy 

Huh ... I've bought a few things from QVC lately that shipped from the Ontario warehouse.   Maybe both QVC and HSN  ship from there.

Esteemed Contributor

HSN has no distribution or fulfillment centers in Florida,  so Covid in Florida is irrelevant to the discussion.

Most of my HSN items come from Piney Flats, Tennessee or the shared HSN/QVC facility in Bethlehem which handles many east coast destinations. 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

my HSN orders always get here quicker that QVC and I'm in Missouri. I just had a QVC order that took almost 20 days to get here. It sat in Kansas City MO for 10 days, then to Cedar Rapids IA, on to Des Moines IA and finally to St. Louis  Most of the time my orders go past me from the east coast to Kansas City Mo then back to St. Louis. Makes no sense to me but it is what it is

I'm thinking their shipping and their computer programmer are one and the same.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling I placed an order Sunday at 5:00 pm and can no longer cancel.  What was I thinking?  My order will not arrive until April 22, I need the gift for the 20th as a birthday happy for a friend.  I will NEVER purchase from the Q as it has not shipped yet, but NO. I can not cancel either.