Respected Contributor

What does HSN do, place an order and they ship it the next day and within a 3-4 day period I have my merchandise.

Doesn't matter what it is, it's here.

Now for the Q, placed the order on 4/4, sat in processing for 3 days, shipped and who knows when it will get here.   Do I need it fast, no, but that's not the point, I bought it, paid for it, and it should be here.

All owned by the same Corporation but it doesn't appear or operate the same way.   

I just need to stop buying. period.  Go to the store, buy it, use it and no need for any frustration.   I think that'll be the way to go.  

Respected Contributor

my HSN orders always get here quicker that QVC and I'm in Missouri. I just had a QVC order that took almost 20 days to get here. It sat in Kansas City MO for 10 days, then to Cedar Rapids IA, on to Des Moines IA and finally to St. Louis  Most of the time my orders go past me from the east coast to Kansas City Mo then back to St. Louis. Makes no sense to me but it is what it is

Honored Contributor

I've never had a HSN order ship the next day.  Usually it's about 3 days and I get it in about a week later. Their operation is miniscule compared to QVC's, with millions more customers and item in stock. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

My HSN experiences are similarly positive.  Items inevitably ship the next day, usually from their own facility, not the shared one.

There's no legitimate excuse for QVC's shoddiness.

Trusted Contributor

My QVC deliveries have speeded up in the last 2 weeks. I think they may be turning a corner. Maybe they are hiring back some warehouse employees.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

eRe: How does HSN do it?

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling 

I have more experience with QVC and have had long processing times.  Similar incidents as mentioned here occurred mostly during the Christmas season; although, for me have improved, but currently, I only ordered items I knew were in stock for some time.  

Processing times QVC vs HSN

Last 3 orders from both.

QVC

Ordered          Shipped

3/21                  3/25

3/26                  3/30

3/26                  3/31

4-5 days in process.

HSN

3/3                     3/5

3/11                    3/14

3/18                    3/21

2-3 days in process.  

Actual shipping time depends on the proximity of the fulfillment center to your house and the carrier.

Usually, the problem is with unreliable USPS.  To cut shipping times down by a day or two and more consider UPS My Choice Plus for $19 a year.  UPS will bypass USPS to deliver directly to your residence.  

Honored Contributor

Re: How does HSN do it?

[ Edited ]

I ordered Valerie's lampost on march 29th. Got an email confirmation, then nothing.

Did a live chat a few days ago and was told that is was on advance order and would arrive May 7th.

Well, I guess it was good I checked so I could stop watching for an email showing it shipped.

They asked for feedback on the "chat" and I said thank you but the hosts and QVC should be better at telling people what they ordered is not really there or ready to ship, it is on "advance order."

Maybe they said that eventually on air after the initial presentation, but I didn't see it and didn't see it on re-watching on video, nor any sign of that by my original confirmation email.

I only order something maybe once or twice a year and I then understood what people go through with all their shipping frustrations.

It really is surprising how inadequate this large company is in terms of communication, their shipping, returns, website, on and on.

Maybe they just count on the volume of customers or something.

I too have always found much better service from HSN when I did order, in terms of crediting any returns, their shipping and communication.

Delays are understandable and maybe a lot of the vendors are unable to deliver as fast as before but one thing QVC could do to improve is their communication regarding these delays and being upfront about when if ever something will arrive.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: How does HSN do it?

[ Edited ]

What has surprised me this year is the number of items that QVC presents with ship dates that are weeks away. Especially with the garden decor shows. 

If they don't have the products readily available, they should stop airing them. I saw a couple of garden items I wanted to buy, but they wouldn't ship for over a month. No thanks, I'll  shop somewhere else. 

Respected Contributor

HSN is in Florida. QVC is in Pennsylvania. The COVID response and restrictions vary greatly between these two states. State restrictions as well as company guidelines would have an impact on shipping times.  These are two separate companies that operate independently even though they are owned by one corporation.

COVID is far from being subdued. The warehouse worker's safety is a top priority. I'll happily wait an extra week or so if it means no one's health is being put at risk by being in an overcrowded warehouse just to get a shipment out a few days faster.

Honored Contributor

HSN is smaller than QVC so they ship faster.  Also HSN doesn't have the wide variety of products that QVC has.  I get my  HSN and SHOPHQ purchases in 5 or 6 days.  It's amazing.  But to be fair, I get most of my QVC packages in 7 or 8 days.  Things that ship directly from the vendor do take longer.