Trusted Contributor

@Mombo1  It's a small world! I worked at Monroeville Mall for 10 years and my late father lived in Delmont for five years.❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Arizona here. Not nearly as bad as last year. Last year was miserable. This year we had a decent amount of rain and a relatively cool August. It's starting to cool down to under 100 during the day and 70's at night. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

@Mombo1  It's a small world! I worked at Monroeville Mall for 10 years and my late father lived in Delmont for five years.❤️

@NEvans2   It sure is a small world.  I can't begin to tell you how many times I went to the Monroeville Mall.  I graduated from Gateway, so that was where everyone hung out.  Fast forward...When my daughter was little...I would take her there to ride the train.  I think Kaufmann's was at that end of the mall.  ?
My parents also lived in Delmont for about 5 years before they moved to Florida.  
I really miss the Pittsburgh area.  Every time I visit my brother, I feel homesick.  
As soon as my granddaughters are old enough, I want to take them to Carnegie Museum....  Too little right now...but soon.  🥰

Honored Contributor

Re: How Was Your Summer?

[ Edited ]

The NC mountains were wonderful!  

Warm sun, birds flying, and wild flowers.  Sourwood honey on hot buttered toast and a cup of hot tea looking at the mountains with the clouds rising.

Grilling out and enjoying the trees and surrounding mountains!

Top 18 Scenic Drives near Asheville | Blue Ridge Mountains

Respected Contributor

I had a wonderful summer. I read for hours each day, and binge-watched TV (especially "Dateline"). I also taught a class on four Somerset Maugham novels; am now getting ready to do a few sessions on Thomas Wolfe's The Web and the Rock (the 3rd book of his 4-book saga).

Was going to visit my younger son's family in Virginia, but too many unvaccinated people have scared me off.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My WV summer was perfect!  Warm, sunny, just never long enough.   Couldn't find a single thing to complain about my summer if I tried.

Honored Contributor

Here in upper MI we live for the summer months!! Our weather was fantastic but my dh had several emergency room visiits and we ended up just convalescing, NOT the summer we planned. Barely even went boating (our very favorite thing to do!). Thank goodness he is back to being better than normal but it is Fall already. Maybe next year....

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@insomniac2 wrote:

I had a wonderful summer. I read for hours each day, and binge-watched TV (especially "Dateline"). I also taught a class on four Somerset Maugham novels; am now getting ready to do a few sessions on Thomas Wolfe's The Web and the Rock (the 3rd book of his 4-book saga).

Was going to visit my younger son's family in Virginia, but too many unvaccinated people have scared me off.

Since they are unvaccinated I hope they aren't sick! 

I would be less concerned with their vaccination status and more if they were showing signs of illness and making sure my own immune system was the best that it can be. 

Vaccinated people can spread & get the virus too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually I can't complain about summer.  Don't like the humidity, but otherwise A/C is wonderful!

However, my perfect weather is 80 during the day and 60 at night with rain as needed only at night.  What planet do I live on????

I am looking forward to cooler days, though.  Love Fall, but hate what's coming behind it.  Love snow for Christmas.........that's all!!!

Honored Contributor

Great!  Out of masks for a very short time and not enough really kickin' tomatoes!