Honored Contributor

Re: How Much Candy Do You Actually Eat?

Well, more than I should but we still have candy from the Halloween Era in a bowl I noticed.

I do have a square of really dark chocolate ever day, and we have some See's candy and we both have a piece every few days and will until it's gone.

Spouse is far worse about eating sweets than I am. 

Respected Contributor

Heath bars, hands down favorite. In fact Dairy Queen has a heath bar "Blizzard."

662EDAE9-7394-4635-BE03-C1F9BE272F5D.png

Honored Contributor

I rarely eat candy.

Honored Contributor

Those Lindor Truffles are my favorite!  I guess I am in the minority here --- I could eat candy until it comes out my ears and eyes!  I definitely am addicated to candy!  I adore just about anything chocolate.  Unfortunately, I don't care much for dark chocolate, which is the best for you!  I adore gummi bears also.  Those Hershey blocks of chocolates that come in a bag --- yum!  I had to go cold turkey and stop eating all of it because I was really packing on the pounds!  Haven't had ANY candy since the beginning of the year!  The withdrawal for the first two weeks was HORRIBLE!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I try not to even bring candy in the house except around Christmas. I'm not fussy at all about candy, but my fave is M&M peanuts and I could eat a big bag and not bat an eye.

Honored Contributor

I never eat candy. I can not imagine wasting my calories for the day on such an empty nutritious non food as candy. I am only allowed so many calories to keep my weight in check. 

I probably have not eaten candy in 30 plus years.  I am very picky on what goes into my body for fuel and repair... never would ingest junk food especially at this stage of my life. 

Honored Contributor

I've been buying hard candy and taking it to the hospital for coworkers and patients for over eight years.  I don't eat it.  I can even avoid chocolate.

Cookies are another story completely.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

I can take or leave most candy except for Peanut M&M's, toffee, caramel and most sugary stuff like Smarties, Sweet Tarts, etc.    I try not to buy a bag of any of those because I have no will power.  I do keep a candy dish on my desk at work but I can fill it with candy I'm not real fond of and it doesn't tempt me (Tootsie Rolls for example).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I have a bag of the assorted Hershey's minis in the freezer. I might take a couple and then not touch it for months and months.  Chips, not sweets, are my weakness. 

Super Contributor

Too much! Here's another vote for peanut m&ms! My favorite, although there are lots of other candy bars, etc that I like too.