Honored Contributor

High School Classmates 😳

Yikes! Makes me think I must look older to others too. 😱

70E1ED7D-1794-447D-8AE9-03C2E6B17DDF.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: High School Classmates 😳

But seriously, it's interesting to look at the HS scene. Hubs is on his HS Reunion committee and there's people on there who don't use email and require phone calls. No problem. Just interesting. Sad to say, many are widows and widowers and seems like we get notices, too often, of classmate passings. We both went to larger high school. We're mid sixties.

My HS class has a FB group and it's interesting to see lives and then remember them in the 70s.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma   Your post made me laugh.

I remember a few years ago, I received an e-mail from one of my best friends with a picture attached. She didn't send any comments with the pic.

It was a pic of all of these old people, some sitting, some standing posing for a picture.  I didn't recognize anyone.

I e-mailed her back and asked. " Who are all of these old people?"  Her response " It's a picture of those who showed up for the class reunion a month ago."

It's funny that we don't think we are old or feel old.  Something must be wrong with the cameras...

Honored Contributor

Someone I knew from high school was interviewed for a local TV story last week, and had his name not been showing on the screen, I would've never recognized him!   

Honored Contributor

How about when the boy who grew up two doors over and became the city manager at a few locations, including ours, got named in an embezzlement suite by the city and went to jail!!!!!

THAT will make you shake your head!!!:Smiley Mad

Esteemed Contributor

So true! When I see photos of classmates on our Facebook page, I find myself saying that surely I don't look that old....I graduated in 66. The strange thing is that I usually can recognize the women, but have a hard time recognizing the guys. There were over 700 in my class and I thought I knew all of them - I've learned that I didn't!

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

There were over 700 in my class and I thought I knew all of them - I've learned that I didn't!

@jannabelle1 

Wow! That’s a lot of people! My class only had 200. 

Respected Contributor

@wilma That was a cute funny!  I have been to two reunions in the 40 years since I graduated.  Personally, I think I am done!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Funny thread!  

I got a phone call from an old housemate back in January out of the blue!  Somehow he found my phone number and we had a nice chat. 

I was supposed to go to Florida in March (where he now lives) and meet up with him and another old friend, a woman who I have kept in touch with. ....maybe it will happen next year.

Last time I saw him I was 25 years old, weighed about 100 lbs and had straight hair down to my waist.  He saw my photo on FB and one of the first things that he asked was when did I cut my hair?!!  I wanted to ask when did he go bald?! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@wilma That was a cute funny!  I have been to two reunions in the 40 years since I graduated.  Personally, I think I am done!!!!!!!!!

@Boomernichols 

Supposed to have my 40 year reunion this August. With COVID cases increasing don’t see how they can have it. Due to my risk factors doubt I will go if they do.