Honored Contributor

I have been trying to clean my broiling pan.  I have sprayed twice with oven cleaner and scrubbed.  I still have some black markings on the pan.  Does anyone know how I can remove the black markings easily?  Thanks.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I have been trying to clean my broiling pan.  I have sprayed twice with oven cleaner and scrubbed.  I still have some black markings on the pan.  Does anyone know how I can remove the black markings easily?  Thanks.  Cat Very Happy

run through dishwasher

I wouldn't worry about it

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1, I have a couple of suggestions for you.  You can spray with oven cleaner, put it in garbage bag outside (because of the mess) and wash it off with the hose the next day.  That is how I clean my oven racks and they come out spotless every time.  

The  other way I clean hard to clean pans is to use a cleanser with grit (like comet ... I use Vim but I am in Canada and I don't know if that is available where you are).  Use a scrubber and some elbow grease and that usually takes off the stubborn stains.  HTH?  LM

Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at Fri, Nov 18, 2016-3.22.51 PM.png+ male teenager or male adult.

Works for me! Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Did you try a Mr. Clean cleaning eraser?

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all of you.  I have used the SOS pad.  I live in an apt. so the hose idea is out.  My racks in the oven go in the bathtub with dish soap and come clean but this broiling pan is a pain.  I will try the dishwasher.  You have to clean this broiling pan as I plan on moving in the future.  You know how that goes. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1....You don't need to use an outside hose to rinse off your broiler pan....I clean my oven racks as mentioned, by using a garbage bag and the oven cleaner spray but I just clean the racks in my sink.  Just be sure to spray outiside as it is smelly.....that spray does a great job.  My oven is self cleaning but I always clean my racks in this manner.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs,  I don't know where I got this tip but I place the oven racks in hot water & dish soap or laundry soap in the tub and let stay overnight.  All the junk falls off and you only need to lightly clean and rinse.  It's easier for me this way as my sink is a double and not that large plus I don't have to scrub.  I understand bleach works on the black marks on the pan so I may try that too.  Otherwise, definitely the dishwasher.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

You ask "easy"..... afraid getting the black off any pan isn't easy but I've found the steel wool pad with soap is the best as well as a product (it's a clay) called Astonish (used to be sold by QVC but no longer but can be found on eBay).... also works very well.  Good luck!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

If it's so far gone,  I'd toss it and buy a new one. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment