Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone experienced.......

Find out which pest control has the shortest wait period.  Contract for the services and wait.  That's pretty much your only option.

Honored Contributor

About 20 years ago, my Dad and step mother found a massive nest inside the upstairs bedroom closet.  

The home had a cathedral roof, and somehow they had gotten in through a tiny hole.

Local bee keepers were contacted and they took the swarm and queen away.

I would contact your local Bee Keeper's Assoc, or the county agricultural agent.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@panda1234 @What state are you in? I know of, and used and expert, but he's in florida. He's pretty kind and might recommend how to take care of it and who to call because he belongs to a few associations of professionals in this field. He is in Miami and he is called Willie the Bee Man. Exemplary ratings for his company and their work. BTW, the hive with the honey must be removed. You can have a ton of honey left between your walls if you do not use an expert. The hive can also be quite large and heavy. ECBG's suggestion might also work. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@panda1234 @What state are you in? I know of, and used and expert, but he's in florida. He's pretty kind and might recommend how to take care of it and who to call because he belongs to a few associations of professionals in this field. He is in Miami and he is called Willie the Bee Man. Exemplary ratings for his company and their work. BTW, the hive with the honey must be removed. You can have a ton of honey left between your walls if you do not use an expert. The hive can also be quite large and heavy. ECBG's suggestion might also work. 

@Mindy D   I am in Delaware. Thank you so much for all the info you provided. Found someone to come out and it was yellowjackets not honeybees thank goodness. Still a mess to deal with. 

Honored Contributor

One pest control company wanted a key so he could check 4 times a year.  Found someone else.