Honored Contributor

May be an image of text

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono,

Thank you for this post,

10 Very Scary But Fun Happy Halloween Greetings & Wishes halloween halloween gifs halloween quotes halloween greetings happy halloween gifs halloween animations Vintage Halloween, Fall Halloween Decor, Favorite Holiday, Pumpkin, Halloween Decorations, Holidays Halloween, Halloween, Halloween Greetings, Very Scary

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono   You are so sweet and kind.  Just reading that makes my eyes water. 

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

good grief. 

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

What an apt reminder for tonight.

Thank you.  I make my life and that of the little goblins even easier by putting my candy in the cellophane treat bags.  I've had a hundred or more visitors some years.  Have no idea what to expect tonight, but I'm ready . . .

Best to you.  I can tell you are a credit to the teaching profession.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono - Thank you for this reminder. Just because one doesn't see a physical disability, doesn't mean they don't exist. My son has disabilities and to average person or stranger, you would not even realize it - because they are not physical disabilities - maybe if you had a lengthy conversation with him you might begin to pick up on them as some point.

Your school district and students are lucky to have you.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono   Thank you for that post.  It brought back memories of the students I worked closely with before I retired...

I would add one more thing.  For the child who is not wearing a costume...he or she may  come from a family who can not afford to buy one.  Recently our district recognized those in need and discreetly provided one to the parents of that child. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

You have a kind heart. 🧡

Thank you for sharing this.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Also, I'd like to add, that sometimes I hear complaints about kids coming in droves from other neighborhoods.  

Maybe those neighborhoods don't have many lights on.  Maybe those neighborhoods aren't safe. 

Be thankful you live in a safe place that they can trick or treat in.

You're handing out candy, not Certificates of Deposits!

Honored Contributor

Beautiful reminder. Definitely a few here that could benefit from this.