Esteemed Contributor

Sunday morning I woke up with the Shingles.This is the 5th time for me!! I went to Urgent Care & was given anti viral  medication.The pain was awful. I don’t know of anybody who has gotten Shingles more than twice!!

Like this wasn’t enough last night while I was cooking dinner I burned my finger really bad!! For a relatively small burn the pain was horrendous!! 

Luckily today the Shingles feels somewhat better & the burn cooled down.They say bad luck comes in 3’s. I fear what’s next!!

DH insisted I do nothing to but rest today.He’ll be bringing home dinner tonight.

Regular Contributor

Hi Nicksmom!

Just wanted to say that i'm so sorry you are having a tough time! You taking the time to post this, tells me that you are REALLY hurting physically and emotionally. 

Although i can't fix it or take it away, i'm standing with you!

Get better soon, friend!

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry to hear that @NicksmomESQ. I've never heard of anyone getting shingles more than once either. I've never had them, but I have heard that they are horribly painful. I'm glad they seem better today.

About that burn, hurts just to think about that one.

And I get it about bad luck in three's. It seems like when I do one thing to hurt myself, I get on a roll of accidents. This morning, somehow I banged my elbow hard on a door facing. Then I stubbed my toe on a barstool. Maybe I should just sit the rest of the day, lol.

Hope things are all better for you soon. So sweet of your hubby to bring you dinner tonight.

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ

I'm so sorry! Thinking about your shingles gives me the shivers. I hope you will get well soon and that there are many better days on the horizon for you. Indeed get rested and take it easy. I will pray for your quick recovery.🌹

Contributor

I had a shingle sore pop out on my eyebrow. I was shocked when the doctor told me it was shingles. That was about a year and half ago. Luckily, it was just that one sore on my eyebrow. There was a lady at work that got multiple shingle outbreaks. It was from all the stress from work.

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ

Anyone who's had Shingles can sympathize with you. I hope you're on the road to recovery, your DH is right, take it easy today. Best wishes for better days ahead. I don't know where in the US you are, but think of blooming flowers and chirping birds!

Trusted Contributor

My aunt came down with shingles three times. An ugly surprise each time. So painful. 

I do hope you feel feel better soon and the medicine helps. Take care of the burn to avoid infection. Your immune system is weakened now, so be careful with the burn. 

Stuff coming in threes is superstitious hooey.  It’s ok to know you’ve had a bad couple of things happen without bracing for a mysterious third misery. 

Try to stay strong. Optimism and positive energy promotes healing. Even bad things come to an end. Give the DH encouragement to take care of you and to bring dinner for a few more times until you are able to be active again. 

Let us us know how you’re doing. All the best.

Esteemed Contributor

@happycatwrote:

So sorry to hear that @NicksmomESQ. I've never heard of anyone getting shingles more than once either. I've never had them, but I have heard that they are horribly painful. I'm glad they seem better today.

About that burn, hurts just to think about that one.

And I get it about bad luck in three's. It seems like when I do one thing to hurt myself, I get on a roll of accidents. This morning, somehow I banged my elbow hard on a door facing. Then I stubbed my toe on a barstool. Maybe I should just sit the rest of the day, lol.

Hope things are all better for you soon. So sweet of your hubby to bring you dinner tonight.

Its funny  you mentioned the bad luck in threes...i always have told my daughter and she laughs at me...that when i have a bad day.....two more always follow...and by the 4th day things are better.....it has almost always turned out that way......

Respected Contributor

I wish you well for recovery. I had them a few years ago. Was not "fun" at all. What was funny is I couldn't remember ever having chickenpox. I knew I never had them as a child, but eventually realized I got them years later when my own children had them. 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ Had you been sick before you got shingles?I had shingles once during a time I had the flu but kept doing my bootcamp thinking I was in so much pain from the workouts.I usually went to the gym and then came home to a heating pad and bed.I finally went to the doctor who diagnosed shingles,flu and bronchitis.He told me to stop pushing myself when I didn't feel well.I have learned to do that now and I haven't been that sick since.Take all of the rest you can get and get well soon.I can feel your pain.