Honored Contributor

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL MY FRIENDS

[ Edited ]

I wanted to take a moment to wish all a Happy Easter. We have a beautiful sunny Sunday here, churches are having outdoor services and some churches are open (masks and distanced seating). 

My son in law is catholic. He and my daughter will attend mass some time today. She likes to accompany him. My daughter in law is also Catholic. She asked me to join her this afternoon for mass. I usually go with her since they moved here four years ago. She used to go with her family in VA. I think it's nice to have someone in your family or a friend with you. 

I hope you all enjoy your day and its special religious meaning. 

Respected Contributor

Re: HAPPY EASTER TO ALL MY FRIENDS

Thank you and Happy Passover to you!

Honored Contributor

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  Happy Easter & Happy Passover to you & your family. I'm one of the lucky ones too, since I'm Jewish & DH is Catholic.I celebrate both Holidays!!

Wishing all my friends on these boards, whichever you celebrate & Happy Passover & a Happy Easter 🐇 Sunday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Shanus  Happy Easter & Happy Passover to you & your family. I'm one of the lucky ones too, since I'm Jewish & DH is Catholic.I celebrate both Holidays!!

Wishing all my friends on these boards, whichever you celebrate & Happy Passover & a Happy Easter 🐇 Sunday.

@NicksmomESQ  Thank you. Although my DIL is Catholic, my grandchildren are being raised Jewish. At holidays,  it was confusing for them when they were younger. My DD married a great Catholic guy, too. I started putting up a "Holiday tree", but with Jewish related ornaments. When they traveled here for Thanksgiving or Christmas, they felt more welcomed and grateful that I was recognizing their religion....more relaxed and at home.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  Our Christmas tree had both Hanukkah & Christmas decorations. We always melded the two holidays together. We still do. My DIL isn't Catholic or Jewish. She loves the way we handle the holidays &  has followed our lead.

Good for you for expanding your traditions to include your entire family. 💕

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your kind wishes. My BFF in my early 20s was Jewish/ I am RC.  We were planning to attend each others services.  (Unfortunately, we lost her in a motor vechile accident at age 22.) Always in my heart. 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

Hope everyone had great weather for their services and egg hunts. Our normal high is 47 and it hit 73! 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Shanus  Our Christmas tree had both Hanukkah & Christmas decorations. We always melded the two holidays together. We still do. My DIL isn't Catholic or Jewish. She loves the way we handle the holidays &  has followed our lead.

Good for you for expanding your traditions to include your entire family. 💕

Thanks @NicksmomESQ , but I enjoyed it as much as they did. As the little ones came along, they'd make ornaments at school or at home and we'd hang them on the tree, too. I'd have them write their names and date on them hoping they'd enjoy seeing them when they grew up.

Honored Contributor

@MarieIG  I'm sure she'll be forever in your heart and prayers. So sorry you lost your best friend.