Regular Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm heartbroken for you. 

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."
Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart I know you are glad that he is no longer suffering but it is so hard to lose our people.

Take care of yourself & take the time you need.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart, I am so sorry for your loss. There is no time limit on grief, we each have to deal with it in our own way.

I totally understand what you are going through. Last Fall, I lost my husband, then 34 days later I too, lost my closest brother, whom I had been helping out for about 5 years as he wasn't well and could no longer get out and about very much. We had such fun together, still tho. He was so funny. I too still cry.

I hope you can come to grips with all you have been through. At your own pace. I always think that if others don't understand, they should consider themselves lucky. No one wants to go through this. I guarantee that.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart  I'm so sorry that you're struggling. As you said, this is life & as we age death gets closer & closer to us. 

Everyone grieves differently. There's no timetable or right or wrong way. Give yourself some grace, take your time. Go easy on yourself 💔.

Regular Contributor

How lucky you were to have such a loving relationship with your brother and he provided you with a lasting gifts of not only his love & friendship but he also saw your mother confirming you will all meet up again some day. What a blessing.

Your emotions are still pretty raw.  Perhaps, it might help to write "letters" to your brother in a journal. This way you can express your grief without actually having to say it out loud.  May God comfort you in this time of need. I'm also sending you my prayers as well.  

Respected Contributor

You seem like a lovely, caring, beautiful person.

Although your heart is breaking, may your gratefulness that your brother is no longer suffering ease a bit of your pain.

I don't believe that some are only given what can be handled. Sometimes, it cannot be borne. I am glad you are giving the support group another chance. In the meantime, I urge you to not only get counseling but to talk to someone that you trust. Your deacon perhaps, one on one, a friend, a physician, but please you need a release to let out your own pain. Your shoulders are broad but can only carry so much. 

Ask for help, from God, from those who love you. People do care. I along with others here will be praying for you.  God bless.

Respected Contributor

Grief has no time frame. You take as long as it takes. May. your brother's memory be a blessing. He is always there in your heart and mind. 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart I am so sorry for you!  And I pray for you.  My family has been gone for years now and I can tell you to focus on the future, keep close to God, and make yourself read and think about things that focus on peace and happiness.

Sooner or later, sometimes as you pray you will see it is taking hold in you!  Believe and it will happen!  

Respected Contributor

My deepest condolences for your losses.

Grief is like the ocean it comes in great waves. Like the ocean waves you have to go with it, and then get up. It will go on and on and slowly the waves get weaker.

You need time to  heal----_give yourself the time.