Contributor

I had my one-week follow up check on my eye today, the right one I had cataract surgery on a week ago. The woman who did the examining was quite surprised because I went from 20/nearly blind to 20/25. And she said that when my vision stabilizes, it could even go to 20/20.

The surgery was so difficult for me--it didn't hurt or anything but it just seemed to take a lot out of me--I was dreading the 2nd surgery in 2 weeks. But not now! It'll be worth it if my other eye--that's not nearly as bad as my right eye--does as well.

Respected Contributor

That is GOOD news!  I am so happy for you!  Your 2019 is looking great!

Respected Contributor

happy to hear your good news!  

Trusted Contributor

i am so galdfor you.  it takes time to heal and when i had minedone, it took a coupleof weeks

Esteemed Contributor

I too went from 20/nearly blind last year to 20/20. I also had astigmatism which was fixed. Once you get the second one done you will be overjoyed.

Respected Contributor

That's wonderful news & wishing you all the best with the 2nd surgery.

Esteemed Contributor

@Helpful Hannah, That is wonderful news and I know it is a big relief for you.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Helpful Hannah...my DH goes in tomorrow am for his 1st surgery.  He has horrible vision, wears contacts and glasses at the same time...every day.... he is looking forward to better eye sight.

So glad you are feeling better....I hope dh sails thru his surgery, he is still working and is expecting to go to work after his check up Friday am.

Honored Contributor

Good news, indeed.  The second one will be a breeze because now you know what to expect.

Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I too went from 20/nearly blind last year to 20/20. I also had astigmatism which was fixed. Once you get the second one done you will be overjoyed.

That was exactly my situation.

I'm a "non-practicing" cross stitcher because my eyesight has been so bad for the last few years. After I get my left eye fixed -- and if my doctor ays it's ok -- I'm going to try stitching again. I've done a lot of piece that I'm...well, I'll admit it ...proud of and I'll be so glad to start stitching again.