Esteemed Contributor

I live in southern California and once in a while, I google white pages to find people's home addresses. All of a sudden, the site said that I've reached my limit (nonsense) and want to charge me $5. a month.

Has this happened to you?

Are there other sites I could find addresses???

Honored Contributor

@kivah Most legit websites do charge.

Respected Contributor

@kivah    Try Zabasearch.  Or, if it is not a common name, like John Smith, sometimes if you type the first and last name and the town or city and/or you can find the correct person.

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@kivah    Try Zabasearch.  Or, if it is not a common name, like John Smith, sometimes if you type the first and last name and the town or city and/or you can find the correct person.

I used to use Zabasearch - but I forgot about it. Sometimes I type the person's name, city in the browser and have gotten their address. Thanks for ur help.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@kivah Most legit websites do charge.

I've never paid before. Surprises me that the white pages would start charging.

Honored Contributor

Re: Getting Phone Numbers

[ Edited ]

@kivah wrote:

I live in southern California and once in a while, I google white pages to find people's home addresses. All of a sudden, the site said that I've reached my limit (nonsense) and want to charge me $5. a month.

@kivah,   Our church uses the whitepages.com site occasionally.   Recently Whitepages made a change that uses temporary cookies to monitor usage and, you're right, they block access when the "limit" is reached.   If you'll delete your browser cookies/cache/website data when you see the "limit" notice you should be able to proceed free of charge as before.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@kivah,   Our church uses the whitepages.com site occasionally.   Recently Whitepages made a change that uses temporary cookies to monitor usage and, you're right, they block access when the "limit" is reached.   If you'll delete your browser cookies/cache/website data when you see the "limit" notice you should be able to proceed free of charge as before.😊

Thank You - I'll have wait til my roomie returns as I'm computer-challenged.

Honored Contributor

I've never had an issue trying to get a phone number for free from Whitepages.com.

Respected Contributor

I used to be able to get most phone numbers online, but more and more, there's a charge.

I miss the good old days when we had phone books.

Valued Contributor

@kivah 

Here's your thread......