Honored Contributor

GETTING AN APPLE 🍏 COMPUTER

I've had way too many issues with this Microsoft laptop. it doesn't seem to sinc well to my IPhone, can't post pics here either.

DH has a fairly new Apple laptop in his office that he's setting up for me. When I only used my IPad, no issues with pics, etc. Now that Oct. 15th tax deadline is over, he'll have time to revamp it for me. If all goes well and I like it better, he'll purchase a newer one for me. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: GETTING AN APPLE 🍏 COMPUTER

@Shanus --lucky  you!!!---I aspire for a new Mac--had to replace my PC just a few weeks ago and decided to stay with Windows as I am having to deal with a legal issue and I already know how to use that--there is a slight learning curve with a Mac. but then if you have any Apple tech you know most of it already. DD bought me my new laptop---but refused to slurge on a new Mac----and I agreed----but someday............Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Shanus --lucky  you!!!---I aspire for a new Mac--had to replace my PC just a few weeks ago and decided to stay with Windows as I am having to deal with a legal issue and I already know how to use that--there is a slight learning curve with a Mac. but then if you have any Apple tech you know most of it already. DD bought me my new laptop---but refused to slurge on a new Mac----and I agreed----but someday............Woman Wink

@wagirl   I'm hoping since my IPad is Apple and phone, too, the laptop will have all the same apps and operating systems and I'll have an easier time with it. Time will tell. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I have a MacBook Air (A Pro previously for years) and just picked up a new iPhone last week. Everything transferred and linked with my MacBook effortlessly. I don't have an iPad, YET, but that should link up, too.

I love Apple products. They're more expensive, but last a long time (knock wood :-) making them worth the price. 

I shut down my deceased DH's desktop computer. He had it built special for him. A nice computer, but I wasn't willing to update to Windows 10 and I was sick of Microsoft. Would never go back.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

We purchased a new IMac desktop computer a few months ago.  It's great!  Our last one, we had for probably 14 years -- it ws still running fine but it was no longer supported for security so we had to replace it.  We have all Apple --- IPhones, Tablets.  When we had products from other companies, there were always problems and they never held up.  I am not good with technology at all but DH is pretty good and he has a friend who is a genius on all these things and he got us hooked on Apple products.  I don't think you can go wrong!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

I have a MacBook Air (A Pro previously for years) and just picked up a new iPhone last week. Everything transferred and linked with my MacBook effortlessly. I don't have an iPad, YET, but that should link up, too.

I love Apple products. They're more expensive, but last a long time (knock wood :-) making them worth the price. 

I shut down my deceased DH's desktop computer. He had it built special for him. A nice computer, but I wasn't willing to update to Windows 10 and I was sick of Microsoft. Would never go back.

@BlueFinch   We made our decision to change to Apple becuase our Microsoft stores/help centers closed. Apple still has stores in the malls w/ a help desk to make appts. for questions w/ set up, etc. 

Honored Contributor

I bought an Apple Macbook Pro in 2013 and you'd never know it was that old. I keep it up to date and it works great. Windows laptops never lasted this long and certainly didn't maintain at the same level as my Apple. I can't imagine ever going back to Windows.

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve had my Mac Notebook for about 4 years. Christmas gift from my son. I love and have never had any issues 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I gave up Microsoft 2 decades ago. I never looked back. Apple is far superior in every way. I have a Desktop iMac and iPad. I never worry about security breaches. Guaranteed you'll love the ease of use, support and quality. Congratulations and welcome to the world of Apple! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My DH and I have always had Apple products.  IMHO, they are the best.  Worth every penny.   Over the years we have had a couple MAC Book Pros.  Last year we each got a MAC Book Air.  Love them!   We have also had iPhones.   Last year DH got an iPhone 12. A couple weeks ago I got the iPhone 13 Pro Max!   On the very rare occasion when we have had any issues, Apple has always come through for us.