Honored Contributor

Many years ago my old fridge was covered with them.  They would just sort of multiply and then I would clean them off and it would look so much better without them but then they would start growing again.

Our refrigerator now is stainless steel but the sides are black metal so I have magnets on one side but none are on the front....looks so much better without them!

Respected Contributor

We buy a fridge magnet whenever we travel . . . I like to look at them and remember the places we've been.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I have a few. They all mean something dear to me except the pencil holder. That is necessary for me. 

Honored Contributor

It's a refrigerator, I don't think a fridge can be tacky.  It's something you enjoy.   I only put my kid's art work and school things on my fridge and then they grew up and my fridge has been naked ever since.  However, I have a friend whose fridge is covered in magnets on all 3 sides.  There's hardly any space between them because she's been collecting them for 40 years.  I don't think it's tacky but I do think that with her, it is some type of strange but harmless obsession.  

Honored Contributor

I dont have any because I think they make a kitchen look cluttered.  Mine is bad enough without magnets.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

not in front but on the right side I have our initials and on the left side a pic of me with my late Father 

Respected Contributor

These days , no fridge magnets for me.

Respected Contributor

When the kids were small, art would be displayed on the fridge, using magnets. Later on, I kept using the fridge as a bulletin board but once we bought our new stainless steel fridge, I didn't want to clutter it up so I moved all the paraphernalia and magnets to our upright freezer in the laundry room which is just off the kitchen and out of sight. The kitchen looks much neater now.

Honored Contributor

After I remodeled my kitchen, I eliminated all fridge magnets, except  for two.  They're photo magnets of each of my children when they were young.  Cannot give them up!

I moved the other items to a bulletin board, nearby.  

Valued Contributor

Yes, I agree that a bare fridge makes for a neater, clutter-free look in the kitchen.

That being said....my fridge is COVERED with 'em! Maybe it detracts from the real mess in other areas of my kitchen.