Honored Contributor

Re: FULL time RV-ing / Anyone here do this?

I think it would be fun. I wouldn't want a large one. The smallest one or a van coversion. Must have a toilet/shower.

One must have the money to repair them, too.

http://www.gonewiththewynns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/airstream_interstate_exterior1.jpg

Valued Contributor

Yes - thank you Smiley Happy   

He is reading those - I appreciate you mentioning it!

Valued Contributor

He's checked that, too.....thank you !!!

Valued Contributor

Yes thank you for your insight.  Every thing you said has been discussed between us.  We have camped in tents, popups, and yes an RV about 20 years ago.  We ride a Harley all over the states and Canada.  Hubby is extremely handy and has built/rebuilt his motorcycle 4 times, plus done work for others.  I am the "driver" when we go places in the car - but you are so right, I need to be confident and we would never just sell everything and go all in without lots of research.  

Where I live people are mostly conventional...age 60 they have grandkids, have family outings, dinners and camping trips.  We don't have that; it's just us.  I have been sad for a long time without my mother who was a BFF.  With only one kid and he lives far away, I can't sit around and hope for GKids.  I don't even know if that's something I want.  

All I know is we have had a lot of health issues years ago (open heart surgery, Crohns, hysterectomy, etc etc) so dang it I've worked hard since I was 17 and I want to have some freedom and fun.  I don't want to decorate, entertain, clean, garden or go to Europe.  I like my dog, my husband and the outdoors.  And somehow we're going to figure it out Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

It sounds like you need a toy hauler RV... you could take the motorcycle along with you.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  You live in paradise; I don't know why in the world you'd want to go stay somewhere else, except maybe a warm place in winter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I think it would be fun. I wouldn't want a large one. The smallest one or a van coversion. Must have a toilet/shower.

One must have the money to repair them, too.

http://www.gonewiththewynns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/airstream_interstate_exterior1.jpg

Wowzer. @missy1.  That baby starts at $165,000 -- gulp.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lilysmom  You live in paradise; I don't know why in the world you'd want to go stay somewhere else, except maybe a warm place in winter.

@Kachina624, I know!  Our property where we would rv is in a gorgeous place as well though lol.  Both DH and I have a strong pull to the area.  My mother grew up ten miles away.  DH is a fly fisherman and there is fishing nearby.  

But, I hear you!  That is why I go hot and cold.  An RV that we could use for a few years is all I would consider.  We already did the cottage thing years ago.

My neighbor has an RV.  I asked her to give me ten reasons not to.  She answered way faster than I anticipated with way more than ten!  She says rent a nearby cottage and use the property that way.  LM

Valued Contributor

So what were the 10 reasons?  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@tansy

LOL. I had no idea the price. I would want a smaller one like that.