Honored Contributor

I just don't believe all these issues with Synchrony Bank.  I have an Evine card, had a QCard and had Care Credit and all of them through Synchrony.  I have never had a problem with any of the accounts.

I signed up for paperless statements and receive an e-mail with the new statement.  I would never, ever clink through an e-mail link.  I go directly to Evine's website and at the bottom of the page, there is a link for the credit card.  I click that link and sign in.  From there I make a payment and it is very clear that a payment was made. You have to verify you are submitting a payment.  Once I submit the payment, I instantly receive an e-mail that indicates a payment was made.   

@hyacinth003, I wonder if you just didn't keep following through to complete the payment process?  Once I click the link on the homepage, it prompts me to log in to my Synchrony account which is different from my Evine log-in.  You have to make sure to submit the payment and a screen pops up that states you successfully made the payment.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@software wrote:

I have the Evine card.

When I want to make a payment on the card, I do it through a link on the Evine website, which takes me to Synchrony.   There's a log in screen on the Synchrony site.

I've never paid anything to Evine, I don't know why I would.   Everything I order, I request it goes on the Evine card, at the time of purchase.

Let me suggest you bookmark the log in screen at the Synchrony site to make all future credit card payments, don't even go to the Evine site.  

This is just so confusing for me.  Evine logs you in to Synchrony Bank.  BUT there was a "make a payment" bar on the "Value Pay" area and I clicked it.  It was my last payment. 

Then they tell me I didn't pay Synchrony, I paid Evine.  Huh????  I just wanted to pay WHOEVER collects the payments as it will come out of the same place.  I still DO NOT get it.  How does my "Value Pay" reflect I am done paying, but Synchrony is threatening me with an uncollected debt?  This sounds very sketchy and unethical, and I don't trust any of it now.

So I am done with them.  And Evine's customer service, while polite, didn't seem to care about keeping a customer.  She just said she would transfer me to Synchrony and I could cancel the card!

Hyacinth

OK I see what you are saying.  I just did the same thing, I'll check and see how it works out.    I can understand how frustrating it is.   I've never done this, don't plan on ever doing it again.  But I'm curious to see how it works.

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003, it sounds to me that when you clicked on the make payment in the value Pay area what you actually did was authorize Evine to bill that Value Pay early resulting in Evine being paid by  Synchrony.  Synchrony would have then added the Value Pay amount to your card.  At no time did you pay Synchrony.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@hyacinth003, it sounds to me that when you clicked on the make payment in the value Pay area what you actually did was authorize Evine to bill that Value Pay early resulting in Evine being paid by  Synchrony.  Synchrony would have then added the Value Pay amount to your card.  At no time did you pay Synchrony.

@Marp

That is possible.  But it shouldn't confuse the customer as it did myself.  My intent was to PAY the bill, not ask someone else to pay it.  Since I have been paying bills for many years, I cannot say I  have ever heard of this.  Seems very deceptive for some reason.  Now they have me on a late charge, interest, and threats.  All for trying to pay my bill on time.  So they will now lose me as a customer and it won't happen ever again.  I am not stupid or ill informed and it happened to me.  So good bye to them.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@hyacinth003 what @Marpdescribed is what happed. You did not go onto Synchrony's website and pay your bill, all you did was authorize Evine to charge whatever payment method is linked to your account to collect the value pay. When I pay off my value pays early I go and click that box and Evine then bills my bank account for the amount. If you wanted to pay your Synchrony bill you needed to go to their website.

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@software wrote:

I have the Evine card.

When I want to make a payment on the card, I do it through a link on the Evine website, which takes me to Synchrony.   There's a log in screen on the Synchrony site.

I've never paid anything to Evine, I don't know why I would.   Everything I order, I request it goes on the Evine card, at the time of purchase.

Let me suggest you bookmark the log in screen at the Synchrony site to make all future credit card payments, don't even go to the Evine site.  

This is just so confusing for me.  Evine logs you in to Synchrony Bank.  BUT there was a "make a payment" bar on the "Value Pay" area and I clicked it.  It was my last payment. 

Then they tell me I didn't pay Synchrony, I paid Evine.  Huh????  I just wanted to pay WHOEVER collects the payments as it will come out of the same place.  I still DO NOT get it.  How does my "Value Pay" reflect I am done paying, but Synchrony is threatening me with an uncollected debt?  This sounds very sketchy and unethical, and I don't trust any of it now.

So I am done with them.  And Evine's customer service, while polite, didn't seem to care about keeping a customer.  She just said she would transfer me to Synchrony and I could cancel the card!

Hyacinth

Ah, I get what happened now. The credit card was billing you for a charge already made. The VALUE PAY you made was for a future installment, so it paid Evine and that installment wouldn’t have been billed to the credit card. Do you understand what happened?

Credit card never received a payment, although you thought you were paying that card.

i was so puzzled. Hugs