Esteemed Contributor

Re: Every Summer Has a Story

@Sweet Caroline 1   After so long taking care of your sister perhaps it's someone else's responsibility. I know your feelings are hurt by not being appreciated but it's a good opportunity for you do do things for yourself with that time. 
     The last Christmas my grandmother had Christmas dinner,  after dessert she had an announcement. She said she was realized she had been selfish cooking dinner and not letting others do it. What a great way for her to let others do their turns! (Mama did it once, papa said it was too much for her so I did it the other years). 
   You could always say something similar and not feel guilty because you've had your turn. Good luck! 
  🙄 🤷‍♀️💅🏻💇‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️🩱💐🧘🏼‍♀️📚

Esteemed Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

May be an image of hotdog and text that says 'YOU CAN ADD 3 TOPPINGS TO THIS HOTDOG WHAT ARE YOU ADDING?'

I would add mustard, raw onions and dill relish.  You?

The same for me!   
      🌭

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

May be an image of hotdog and text that says 'YOU CAN ADD 3 TOPPINGS TO THIS HOTDOG WHAT ARE YOU ADDING?'

@Sassy7356   For me, a dab of mayo, swiss cheese and a dab of home made chilli

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

mowed lawn this morn so no morn walk,did get afternoon walk in.

heat hot today but humidity is down.

went to walmart today and got me 3 new sheet sets to replace worn out sheets. drying them outside on lines.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1   After so long taking care of your sister perhaps it's someone else's responsibility. I know your feelings are hurt by not being appreciated but it's a good opportunity for you do do things for yourself with that time. 
     The last Christmas my grandmother had Christmas dinner,  after dessert she had an announcement. She said she was realized she had been selfish cooking dinner and not letting others do it. What a great way for her to let others do their turns! (Mama did it once, papa said it was too much for her so I did it the other years). 
   You could always say something similar and not feel guilty because you've had your turn. Good luck! 
  🙄 🤷‍♀️💅🏻💇‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️🩱💐🧘🏼‍♀️📚

Hey @1Snickers,  I've been asking others for help with her for a very long time.  I couldn't get help from anyone, leaving me to get bitter.  She got mad at me and asked for help from others.  The thing is to keep her mad at me all of the time.  

My sister has mental issues and very childish.  Recently I had appointments with a therapist to try to talk about it because I was on my knees dealing with her.  He just wanted to give me medicine. 

I plan to stay disconnected with her so she will have to call on others for help and to do some things on her own.  I think she may be getting dimentia (spell).  She needs her daughter to step up and tend to her but not going to hold my breath.  I hope the pain shot helps a lot and she will get self sufficient.  I consider myself free.  And it will hurt me badly. 

Honored Contributor

Dear @Sassy7356,  This morning when I read the post about your mother, I didn't know what to say.  My grandmother lost her will to live and stopped eating.  She was precious to me and my mother, well, she suffered a hard time about it.  When we get older, our lives aren't retirement and happy go lucky.  Our lives are put to the test, a lot, and constantly.  I will keep your mother and you and Jason in constant prayer.  Love you  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

May be an image of hotdog and text that says 'YOU CAN ADD 3 TOPPINGS TO THIS HOTDOG WHAT ARE YOU ADDING?'Mustard, onions, and sauerkraut!

Honored Contributor

Mustard, sweet relish, and chopped onions on my dog!

Meanwhile:

catalog living.png

From Catalog Living

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

@Sassy7356 , mustard, raw onions, and sweet relish.  

Honored Contributor

That's a tough one.

A Chicago-style dog would require more than three ingredients.

I like to keep my dogs simple.  Just fresh tomatoes.

But if I had to add two other ingredients I might choose a few green onions and a crisp dill pickle on the side.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~