Respected Contributor

Upon watering my prickly pear cactus this morning I spotted in my extremly short drive a large upsidedown screw placed directly in our only vehicle tire track.  I called the non emergency PD #.  The officer that looked at it asked if we had anyone who wanted to do us harm.  When he picked it up he showed us that the top which was down on the drive had been sanded or filed down so it would stay Point side up to puncture our tire.

I guess it's time for cameras.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom

Sounds like a good idea for you. What people won't do these days, and for what? Glad you saw it before something happened.

hn

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Thanks John!  I can't really believe this happened.  My heart is broken.

Respected Contributor

@hckynutsorry I forgot to ad your name to my post to you.  We are in an over 55 Del Webb with driveways and yards the size of postage stamps.  I asked my backdoor neighbor if she saw anything this morning bust she had not.  It had to happen within a few hours sense DH did a (black light) scorpion check around 10 pm and I saw it around 5 am.  Thanks for writing!  Have a wonderful day!

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom

This is sad news. I would be on the lookout for anything strange happening in the neighborhood. 

Someone could have stepped on it and hurt themselves also. 

Hopefully your house sells soon and you will be able to move out of that neighborhood.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Never in a million years would I call the police because I found a screw in the driveway. I'd pick it up and throw it away without a second thought.

Esteemed Contributor

Alot of our neighbors have cameras......kids roam around either stealing......doing damage or pranks just because they are "bored"...

One neighbor had someone put a firecracker in her mailbox...

I doubt some parents even know what their kids are doing.....

Honored Contributor

What a drag! Smiley Sad   Any ideas who would do this and why?

I tend to worry that some jerkwad will throw poisoned food over the fence into our back yard to harm the dog.   We are very quiet neighbors on a nice little street where everybody looks out for everybody else, but there are 5 other properties that are against the back and sides of our property.    You never know.

There are people who like to put food on the ground for birds, then let their cats out to kill them.  Another irresponsible neighbor decided, a while back. to start feeding wild cats until it was cat city.   If you want to feed them, fine - be a responsible citizen.  Take them in for shots and spay/neuter, then take them INSIDE your house.    Instead, now we have this situation going on.  There are some who are doing something about it.  Not us, but meanwhile, the birdies I loved so much to watch every day and take their pics are all gone.  Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I would definitley want to know who did that. I'm sure they will try again since they did not suceed.

We have a Ring Doorbell. People that visit across the street like to back in to our mailbox. We now have them on Video which we just did last week. The AC repairman over there backed out right in to the mailbox. I don't understand why people cannot turn their steering wheel when they back out. I don't get it. There is not enough room to back out without turning your steering wheel at some point. I see this in parking lots all the time??????????

Valued Contributor

I can’t believe you called the police for that, and I can’t believe someone actually came out!!!