Honored Contributor

Re: Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

As a child I always loved this day and I continue to think it is a very sweet and lovely sentiment.  I do put a big red decorated heart on the front door and have a few other little things I place around the house.  DH & I give each other cards and candy and we will probably go out for a little casual dinner.  Why not?  There are really not any holidays during the long, cold winter and this kind of perks things up!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Don't like the holiday with all the hype of gifts, etc but decorating is cute and fun.  Kids like all that.  I don't like how men especially are made to feel obligated to buy flowers and expensive gifts.  I don't want to be a part of all that.  

Honored Contributor

I don't decorate for Valentine's Day.

We go out to dinner.  I always give something to our daughters for Valentine's Day.  

Honored Contributor

DH and I don’t do anything special for the day. But we try to make each day special especially now that we are retired. 💑💕💐🥂

Valentine’s Day was my paternal grandmothers birthday and one of my great nephews birthday.

We promised our great nephew that lives near us he would get Stormtrooper for Valentine’s Day. I’d better get shopping.

Honored Contributor

no

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When my grandchildren and my niece were little, I always sent a card and a small gift. They’re grown now so there is no real celebration. Before our friends moved away, my husband and I had often joined them for a Valentine’s dinner out. These days we don’t really celebrate at all.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

Awww! I love your love story!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

No I do not decorate.

But we celebrate the day a bit.  We give our girls something little  just to celebrate our love for them...well we do it everyday but we say it with a chocolate heart and $10 usually ...lol......then my hubby and I will go out for something to eat.

I usually buy my self something on the Q and gift it to me.  He knows thats what I like...lol. 

I do not love the day though....for those that have lost their significant other, or for those who are lonely and wish they had someone....its just a big reminder...for that nope DO NOT love the V day.

Honored Contributor

Not anymore--but when my kids were little  I always got them a little something. The hubs never got me anything for any holiday/ special occassion---after awhile I stopped remembering him too.

Esteemed Contributor

Reminded me!  I got out my red dishware.

Cogito ergo sum