Honored Contributor

I was google imaging "black vests" and  saw a black velvet vest with braid closures I rather liked.  It was new with tags from Talbots.  I offered less that was asket.

I just got an email that my paypal account was charged and there is an order number.

I fully understand when you make an offer you are comitted to buy.

I'm surprised that I didn't do the steps to purchase myself.

I don't know how far back I opened this Poshmark account, and have never bought anything from them I can remember. 

Respected Contributor

I have bought a number of things from Poshmark, and had the very same thing happen and the very same reaction.

I am so used to making an offer on eBay, getting a message back from eBay saying my offer has been accepted, and that I needed to pay for it. So I too was surprised to see that the charge was processed. I guess I simply accepted the fact that I may not have read all the fine print when I made my offer but I knew I had made a commitment.  

Ebay is absolutely my first choice, Poshmark is missing some key things that I think are important, i.e. being able to communicate directly with the Seller, a way to rate the Seller and see ratings, and the location of the Seller.  A couple of times product that I have bought, for what I thought was a fantastic price, I ended up getting a message from the seller saying "sorry but they had accidentally sold it already." (did they realize that they had the item too cheap?)

But I do find things on Poshmark that I don't find on eBay, and I think that's because it is not as popular.  

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I have bought a number of things from Poshmark, and had the very same thing happen and the very same reaction.

I am so used to making an offer on eBay, getting a message back from eBay saying my offer has been accepted, and that I needed to pay for it. So I too was surprised to see that the charge was processed. I guess I simply accepted the fact that I may not have read all the fine print when I made my offer but I knew I had made a commitment.  

Ebay is absolutely my first choice, Poshmark is missing some key things that I think are important, i.e. being able to communicate directly with the Seller, a way to rate the Seller and see ratings, and the location of the Seller.  A couple of times product that I have bought, for what I thought was a fantastic price, I ended up getting a message from the seller saying "sorry but they had accidentally sold it already." (did they realize that they had the item too cheap?)

But I do find things on Poshmark that I don't find on eBay, and I think that's because it is not as popular.  

many sellers sell on all platforms, so they could have sold it on ebay/mercari or lost it

it is good practice to ask on Poshmark "available" to see if the item is available and to gauge if the seller is active.

you can ask a question in the listing but not every seller is on the site to see comments

If you all have more questions about posh tag me, I have it figured out 

Respected Contributor

Something else that bothers me on Poshmark is you can make an offer for something, and then hear nothing back, and also get no counter offer.

It's as if the seller can't be bothered to respond and my offers are always I think very reasonable.  And then a month later the item is still for sale.  At least on eBay you get a message back saying the seller has declined your offer. 

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

Something else that bothers me on Poshmark is you can make an offer for something, and then hear nothing back, and also get no counter offer.

It's as if the seller can't be bothered to respond and my offers are always I think very reasonable.  And then a month later the item is still for sale.  At least on eBay you get a message back saying the seller has declined your offer. 

Not every seller is as responsive as they should be all let me say as I would like them to be.
If I don't get an answer to a question I keep looking to find somebody who wants my business.

It is part of that platform some sellers are really into providing service and making money and others it's just a sort of Part time thing