Honored Contributor

Re: Dispositions being negatively impacted by virus

Probably a reaction to stress.  One needs to let it out somewhere.  When you're being told what to do, what you can't do, where to stand, what to touch, wash your hands, sanitize your surfaces and hands, wear a mask , wear gloves, limiting what you can buy.  Mix that all in with being forced to work in your normal living environment, unable to go out and enjoy your usual social outings or just enjoying your usual entertainment.  Losing your job, businesses are going under. Then repetitive, in-your-face TV commercials about what's going and how it's going to be fine (and it's not  fine) and our lives are basically on hold until we're told OK, you can do this or that.  Yeah, I get how this feeling that our lives are being controlled and we can't do a thing about it, one would be stressed.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

Can't blame anyone that slightly changes their demeanor. These are very tough times for so many people, especially those that are used to going to a job outside there home. In home work some people prefer, others?

Who knows, maybe some day I will be able to ice skate again! Until then, we can Dooo It!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I feel almost constantly anxious and stressed!  I wake up in a bad mood and it's in the back of my mind most of the time.  I wouldn't be surprised if many others feel the same way too...what is happening to our world?  Will I stay safe & healthy?  What about my husband & kids?...too many horror stories out there of people struggling to breathe and dying.

What about finances?  We're fine for now but I worry about my kids' future.  Fortunately they are still working but what if they lose their jobs? What sort of future will they have?

Where is all the money coming from that the government is handing out?  Will we and future generations be paying for this big time down the road? 

Plus the fact that we're being told more than any other time in most of our lives that we can't meet up with people close to us ...we're supposed to keep 6' apart, etc.  No more going out to movies, restaurants, sitting on a beach, attending sporting events, etc....many things  most people look forward to.  It's been months since I've hugged my kids.

When and how will this all end?  I'm not one bit surprised that people are a bit testy!

Honored Contributor

@hckynut I hear we have a rink opening up this week.  My coach called me about it, but I didn't get the E-mail from the rink with all the rules.  Not my main rink.  I don't have that anymore.  They took the ice down for maintenance and we never got it back again.  The guy who is over Parks & Rec there doesn't want a rink and wants to turn it into a multi-use facility.  And the other rink where my coach had changed over to with the loss of our rink is also closed for renovations which was scheduled before all this virus stuff.  However, they had contracted with one of those seasonal rink companies to put a smaller rink in the nearby Jayees building.  So, they're going to go ahead and open that up.  

Come June or July we were supposed to be able to use the Civic Center but wondering if that will happen now.  I'm fine with the smaller rink as long as it's not crowded, but I'm afraid it will be if they don't get the Civic Centre ice.  They have limits on the number of people, but it's more about either the ones who don't watch where they're going or the others who think the ice is all theirs.  I'm so afraid of running into someone.

Honored Contributor

I have not noticed it with others..    but no work, no money coming, no business...we cannot hold on for another 2 months like this....so I am entitled to my disposition..dh and I are watching our livelyhood go down the drain a day at a time.

Esteemed Contributor

I can understand people being under stress, as things are tough right now. However, several posters are judgmental  and intolerant of other viewpoints. It's always been that way, but more noticeable now. I'm surprised that more threads aren't being closed.as I've seen name calling. No reason for that. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19    Boy, you aren't kidding.  I didn't realize how many nut cases live in my neighborhood.  I can hardly stand to read NextDoor these days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Very well said @haddon9 . I find myself on edge a lot of the time, more snippy and less patience. Few people quarantined for weeks (over 2 months for me) would be in great spirits. If they say they're doing fine, I doubt they're being truthful. 

Being concerned about the future while still worrying about the present life and restrictions we're under now is a lot to handle. It does add stress. 

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I can understand people being under stress, as things are tough right now. However, several posters are judgmental  and intolerant of other viewpoints. It's always been that way, but more noticeable now. I'm surprised that more threads aren't being closed.as I've seen name calling. No reason for that. 

@teganslaw   I try to skip over those.