Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Greetings to all my friends here! May you all receive the peace of Jesus!  Just got back a little while ago from Adoration where I  presented all your cares and intentions to Our Lord Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.  Prayed for William's miracle according to God's Holy Will. For a miracle for all of us!  I even thanked Him in advance for the sale of our house, because it will be soon and in His timing which is always perfect.  He never wants us to worry, but to place all our trust in Him.  It offends Him when we lose trust in Him Who is all worthy of all our love and trust.  When I go there, He always fills me with love and peace.  It's a committment to go every Tuesday but we receive so much!  Darla and Greg should be close to home now - she texted me when on the plane on the way to Adoration.

No detail is too insignificant for God's attention.  Lord, You encourage me daily
as You guide my humblest moments.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have
love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal."  ~1 Corinthians 13:1

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have
love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal."  Love means to care
enough about other people to really want to do something for them.  A
smile, a word of encouragement, a word of love, goes winged on its way,
simple though it may seem, while the mighty words of an orator can fall
on deaf ears.  We can use up the odd moments of our day in trying to do
some little thing to cheer up another person.  Boredom can come from
thinking too much about ourselves.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that my day may be brightened by some little act of charity.  I
pray that I may try today to overcome the self-centeredness that can
bore me.

O God, I vow and consecrate to You all that is in me:
My memory and my actions to God the Father;
My understanding and my words to God the Son;
My will and my thoughts to God the Holy Spirit;
My heart and my body, my tongue, my senses and all my sorrows
to the sacred humanity of Jesus Christ,
Who was content to be betrayed into the hands of wicked men
and to suffer the torment of the Cross.

(St Francis de Sales)

YOUR LIFE IS JESUS TO SOMEONE

YOUR LIFE is Jesus to someone,
though tattered and torn it may be.
Though often times weak and unstable,
you're all of God someone will see.

YOUR TONGUE is Jesus to someone.
That idle, insensitive word
reflects to at least one searching heart
an idle, insensitive Lord.

YOUR GOALS are Jesus to someone.
What you put first, they believe,
are the goals of God for the Christian.
Your life is all they receive.

YOUR FAITHFULNESS... that's Jesus to someone.
Their judgement of how God is true,
rests unquestionably in the faithfulness
they see day by day in you.

YOUR LOVE is Jesus to someone--
that someone who is seeking to know
that Jesus will follow and guide and
befriend wherever in life they might go.

SO BEWARE lest others blaspheme
God by what you say or do,
for the only Jesus that someone knows
is the Jesus they see in you.

Unknown

The Ten Most Wanted People

The one who tries to be the right example to every child, rather than talk about it.
The one who has a passion to help, rather than a passion to be helped.
The one who is willing to say, "I was wrong, I'm sorry."
The one who will look at temptation squarely and say, "No."
The one who puts God's business above any other.
The one who throws oneself totally into a project, then give the credit for its success to his helpers.
The one who has a ready smile and a pat on the back for others.
The one who brings his children to church rather than sending them.
The one who can see his own faults before he sees the faults of others.
The one who gives his money, time and talent without thought of return.

July 14 - Jesus Calling

Keep walking with Me along the path I have chosen for you. Your desire to live close to Me is a delight to My heart. I could instantly grant you the spiritual riches you desire, but that is not My way for you. Together we will forge a pathway up the high mountain. The journey is arduous at times, and you are weak. Someday you will dance light-footed on the high peaks; but for now, your walk is often plodding and heavy. All I require of you is to take the next step, clinging to My hand for strength and direction. Though the path is difficult and the scenery dull at the moment, there are sparkling surprises just around the bend. Stay on the path I have selected for you. It is truly the path of Life.

If the Lord delights in a man’s way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
-Psalm 37:23–24

though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
-Psalm 37:23–24

You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
-Psalm 16:11 nkjv

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Hi Gloria and thank you and everyone for your prayers for Dave.

We had a pretty long day. We got to the hospital around 10AM and they didn't take him to surgery until after 12PM. He didn't get back until almost 2PM. It was taking so long I was beginning to worry. The surgeon told me it was tougher to remove then he thought.

The thing was pretty big and and had like tentacles and kind of embedded itself into his back muscle. He really had a tough time with it but he finally got it all out.

Thank the good Lord and thank you all for your prayers.

Cackers I'm praying hard for William.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Gloria

I could use some "spare prayers" for my patience.  My Mom who has always been ornery, belligerent and hard to deal with , has dementia ( I think Alzheimer's) at 94.  She is so stubborn the family has a hard time doing what is best for her.  She goes to neurologist in 3 weeks, so I am hopeful he will help with suggestions and such.  LOL!

By the way Gloria, have you ever ordered fruitcake, jams, pastries and such from the Jam Pot in Michigan?  It is a small bakery run by the Monks from the Society of St. John (Holy Transfiguration Skete).  We order the fruitcake without bourbon. It is beyond delicious and huge.  The fruit is dried fruit, not candied, and it has all kinds of nuts they grow.  They gather the fruit from their farms and the wild berries that grow there.  They are secluded after October until Spring,.  I know you are a health nut like me, you would like their products.

Esteemed Contributor

Harlene - Oh Wow! That was quite the procedure he went through!! How is he now. Great that they got it all out.  

Thanks for updating us.

Esteemed Contributor

Shoekitty - Did I ever tell you that's a cute nic?  How did that come about? I'll be praying for you for patience, I know that's really hard to deal with - May God help you and guide you.  That sounds delicious about buying foods from the monks.  What's their address to order and how do you order?  Is it really expensive?  Healthy foods is the way to go - always!  

Honored Contributor

Gloria

Here is a link to their information and store.

http://store.societystjohn.com/        

Yes, they are a little pricy.  The fruitcakes, with or w/o bourbon are 50 bucks!!  But the are huge loafs, weighing 3 or 4 pounds at least.  You can smell the butter and fruit.  The non alcoholic loaf is wrapped in cheese cloth soaked in a fruit juice they make.. I freeze some, and keep the other half in fridge for a few months. it lasts forever.

They do grow and gather their ingredients.  I know that the money from the bakery is the support for their group.  They lead a solitary life in prayer, and some participate in the bakery.  I believe they are related to an order from the Ukraine.

They are very interesting to read about, and how they lead their life.  I guess where they live is in one of Michigan's most beautiful places, but also very, very harsh!

Thanks for the prayers.  My name?  I used to collect shoes.  i thought if I ever had a boat I would call it the Shoekitty, LOL!  Never had a boat, so......

Honored Contributor

Gloria

For some reason the website I gave you is a little persnickity!  Just click on some of the clickable info on bottom of page, and follow the bread crumbs.  Just keep clicking until you get to a page that has, about us, contact us, etc.  Here is some info they wrote in ABOUT US

We are a Catholic Monastery of the Byzantine rite, under the jurisdiction of The Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of St. Nicholas in Chicago, and belonging to the Ukrainian Metropoly in the United States of America, which is in union with the Pope of Rome, supreme pastor of the universal Church. We embrace evangelical poverty, chastity, obedience, and stability of life, according to the Rule of Saint Benedict and the traditions of the Christian East.

In our skete at Jacob's Falls, on the shore of Lake Superior in Michigan's Keweenaw Peninsula, we devote ourselves to a common life of prayer and work for the praise, love, and service of God and for the upbuilding of His Kingdom through the Arts.