Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Hello my friends!  Had a blessed day today - my friend, Angie, came, we went swimming, had a nice visit today, she's staying until Wednesday.  Did a lot of talking of our high school days, and those we still communicate with.  Tomorrow is the last day I can use my eye drops, please help me pray that my eye heals now, and I won't have to through that probing of the tear duct anymore.  Thanks!

God sends us His message, but we must be willing to receive it and then live it. 
Lord, when I yield to You, I become free and full of the richness of life.

S C R I P TURE  F O R   T H E   D A Y

"By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon
us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of
death, to guide our feet into the way of peace."  ~Luke 1:78

M E D I T A T I O N  F O R  T H E   D A Y

God can be our shield.  Then no problems of the world can harm us.
Between us and all scorn and indignity from others is our trust in God,
like a shining shield.  Nothing can then have the power to spoil our
inward peace. With this shield, we can attain this inward peace quickly,
in our surroundings as well as in our hearts.  With this inward peace,
we do not need to resent the person who troubles us.  Instead, we can
overcome the resentment in our own mind which may have been aroused by
that person.

P R A Y E R  F O R  T H E   D A Y

I pray that I may strive for inward peace.  I pray that I may not be
seriously upset, no matter what happens around me.

The Time Out

You're busy...stressed...overworked. You don't have time to catch up with yourself, much less with God. How could you possibly hope to find time to pray?

Sometimes you just have to stop whatever you're doing. Call a time-out.
Catch your breath. Catch up with your spirit. (The words breath and spirit come from the same root - no wonder you need to catch both of them right now!)

When life is out of balance and you're feeling kind of crazy, let these
two words be your prayer - TIME OUT! Call a time out whenever you're:

Tense
    Irritable
    Moody
    Exhausted
    Overworked
    Under pressure
    Testy

Once you declare a time out, you can share your situation with God.
Here's a start:

Dear God, I'm so busy I feel out of control. Help me regain my balance and find my center.

<<<PrayerStarters for Busy People by Daniel Grippo>>>

Good Looks

Joshua was a very wise advisor to the king. But he had a rather ugly face. The king's daughter was jealous because Joshua was getting more attention from her father than she was. So she tried to make fun of him.

One day she asked him mockingly: "If you are so wise, tell me why God stores so much wisdom in such a plain vessel." Joshua asked her: "Does your dad have any wine?" "Don't be silly," she said. "We've got the best wine in the whole world." "Okay," asked Joshua, "where does he keep it?" "In large earthenware jugs," she answered quickly. "Earthenware!" Joshua roared with laughter. "I'm surprised that a clever man like your dad would use such plain material for such good wine. Even the poorest people in town do that. I would expect royal wine to be kept in gold and silver jars." He bowed and left the princess, who was red-faced with anger.

She raced over to the royal wine cellar and ordered the caretaker to pour all the wine out of the earthenware jugs into vessels of silver and gold.

Shortly afterwards the king invited people to a banquet, and he ordered the waiters to serve his best wine. The guests sipped it and their noses turned up. The wine had gone sour. The king was furious and called in the chief steward and demanded an explanation, which he got. The princess got a proper scolding and she then put the blame on Joshua.

"You tricked me into doing this," she shouted. "I am truly sorry, little one," began Joshua, "but perhaps now you see why God sometimes prefers to put wisdom in ugly containers. Wisdom is like wine: it is best preserved in humble vessels."

OH, LORD, MY LORD, I SEE YOUR FACE, 
IT SHOWS SUCH LOVE AND CARE,
CRYSTAL TEARS FALL FROM YOUR EYES, 
AND WE HAVE PUT THEM THERE.

OH, LORD, MY LORD, YOU SAVED US FROM 
AN ETERNITY SPENT IN HELL, 
SEPARATED FROM OUR FATHER GOD, 
FROM YOU, MY LORD, AS WELL.

OH, LORD, MY LORD, HOW MY HEART HURTS 
TO SEE YOUR CRYSTAL TEARS. 
YET, I KNOW I'M RESPONSIBLE, 
I, AND ALL MY FEARS.

OH, LORD, MY LORD, HELP US ALL 
TO "KNOW" WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, 
TO SPARE US FROM DAMNATION, 
FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE.

OH, LORD, MY LORD, I CRY WITH YOU, 
FOR MY HEART IS HEAVY WITH SINS. 
MY SAVIOR, I GIVE THEM ALL TO YOU, 
AND KNOW THEY SHALL BE FORGIVEN.

OH, LORD, MY LORD, I SEE YOUR FACE, 
I SEE YOUR CRYSTAL TEARS,
OH, LORD, MY LORD, MY HEART DOES BREAK 
FOR THE WORLD AND ALL ITS FEARS. OH,

LORD, MY LORD, MY SAVIOR DIVINE. 
YOU HAVE DONE ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE, 
TO FREE MANKIND FROM SATAN'S GRIP, 
TO SPEND ETERNITY WITH THEE.

OH, LORD, MY LORD, HOLY SAVIOR, KING, 
MOST HIGH GOD, EMMANUEL, DIVINE, 
I ASK YOU TO FORGIVE MY SINS, 
FOR NOW, AND FOR ALL TIME. 

THANK YOU, 
MY WONDERFUL JESUS.

June 13

I AM CREATING something new in you; a bubbling spring of joy that spills over into other's lives.  Do not mistake this joy for your own or try to take credit for it in any way.  Instead, watch in delight as My Spirit flows through you to bless others.  Let yourself become a reservoir of the Sprit's fruit.

Your part is to live close to Me, open to all that I am doing in you.  Don't try to control the streaming of My Spirit through you.  Just keep focusing on Me as we walk through this day together. Enjoy My presence, which permeates you with love, joy and peace.

John 3:8  Gal.5:22
Super Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Prayers coming to you Gloriajean for your healing eye.  Sending you hope that all goes well and no further treatments! 

Nice Monday for me.  Half day at school with 2 finals taken.  Went to lunch with 2 English teachers I work with and have become friends with. Kat is leaving to move to CT with her husband. They are building a new home and hoping to start a family.  She is so sweet and I will miss her a great deal.  The other teacher, Chloe is staying and I hope to work with her again. BOth women have such wondeful spirits and are tremendous teachers. I am blessed to have met them, work with them and call them friends.

Will tutor after school today for a student who struggles with severe anxiety. SHe is such a nice young lady and I love working with her.  She is taking an online English class.  

So, looking forward to another lovely day, filled with continued blessings and joys.

Have a lovely day everyone and peace,Nancy 

Trusted Contributor

I pray you won't need anymore of that probing Gloria.

We had a pretty nice cool day yesterday and today seems to be starting out pretty good too., I hope it lasts.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Esteemed Contributor

Nancy - you sure love your job and do great there!!! God has put you there for a good reason!  Nice to have lunch with two English teachers - you have good friends!!  Blessings upon your tutoring!

Esteemed Contributor

One more time for the drops, that that's it!  I guess they don't want me to continue because it has antibiotics in steriods in it.  But now my eye should heal, so I don't have to go back.  Thanks for caring!!