Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Hello my friends! Hope you all are having a great Monday! Just an ordinary Monday here for us!  But I always say that God's ordinary blessings are always perfect!  Love those ordinary days!! May peace come your way in everything.

Be a patient person but, most of all, be patient with yourself. Lord, may

I be blessed with a calm spirit and diligence as I do my work today. 

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."  ~Psalm
119:105

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

God can take our efforts for good and bless them.  God appreciates our
efforts.  We need God's blessing.  Together they mean spiritual success.
Our efforts are necessary.  We cannot merely relax and drift with the tide.
We can often direct our efforts against the tide of materialism around us.
When difficulties come, our efforts are needed to surmount them.  But God
can direct our efforts into the right channels and God's power is necessary
to help us choose the right.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may choose the right.  I pray that I may have God's blessing
and direction in all my efforts for good.

Advent Day 16 - Ask for Joy

In his letter to the Philippians, a people with whom Paul felt a special closeness, he says, “Rejoice in the Lord always! I say it again, rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4). Notice first of all that this is a command: Do it. Rejoice. Joy comes when we actively doit. It is not a matter of sitting around waiting for some emotional state to come over you.

But what makes this possible? To rejoice, we must first put away selfishness and learn to love. When we find ourselves joyless or listless, often the best thing we can do is some concrete act of love.

What do I mean by that? Look again to the Gospel: “Let the man with two coats give to him who has none. The man who has food should do the same” (Luke 3:11). It’s pretty clear and pretty basic: Give your life away to those in need.

Next Paul says, “Dismiss all anxiety from your minds. The Lord himself is near” (Philippians 4:5). One of the obstacles to joy is that we convince ourselves we are finally in charge of our lives. It is up to us to know everything, to control everything. And what does all of this frenzy produce? Usually more anxiety and less joy.

That's why Paul tells his beloved Philippians that the key to joy is turning your life over to God, trusting in him, having confidence that he will lead you.

This is the way of all of the saints. Listen again to Paul: “Present your needs to God in every form of prayer and in petitions full of gratitude” (Philippians 4:6). God delights in caring for us, and he wants us to ask for joy. Again and again in the New Testament we are urged to do exactly this. As a sign of our dependence upon God and a token of confidence, we are invited to ask and ask and ask.

A Child's Prayer to the 
Immaculate Heart of Mary

0 Virgin Mary, My Mother. I give to your Immaculate Heart, my body and my soul, my thoughts and my actions.

I want to be what you want me to be, and do just what you want me to do.

I am not afraid because you are always with me. Help me to love your Son Jesus, with all my heart and above all things.

Take my hand in yours so I can always be with you.

Hail Most Loving Little Jesus, In Preparation for Christmas Day

Hail, most loving little Jesus, sweetest love, far above all created love! I greet Thee, and in the desires of all Christendom I embrace Thee.

Hail, most charming little Jesus, noble Child of Nazareth, full rose of Jericho, blooming flower from Heaven! Draw our hearts to Thyself and refresh them with Thy sweetness.

Hail, most lovable little Jesus, living Bread of Bethlehem, innocent Lamb of Jerusalem, newly-born King of Judea! Receive us into the number of Thy chosen servants.

Hail, most beautiful little Jesus, watchful Shepherd of the Heavenly sheep, beloved fellow-Brother of all the children of men, delicate flower planted by the Holy Spirit in the virgin heart of Mary, bright daybreak rising out of the dark night to the joy of the whole earth! Drive away from us the darkness of sin.

Glory and praise be to Thee, tender, sweet little Jesus! From the depths of my heart I pray and adore Thee because for the love of me and of all mankind Thou wert willing to lie in the manger and to suffer such great poverty and misery. I thank and adore Thy tender limbs and Thy tender hands and feet, and I praise the inexpressible love which drew Thee forth from the bosom of the Heavenly Father, down to a poor and miserable stable.

Glory and praise be to Thee, noble little Jesus! I greet and praise Thee with the same fervent love with which Thy mother loved and praised Thee so intensely.

Glory and praise be to Thee, most beloved little Jesus, sweet delight of eternal bliss. I greet and praise Thee with the same love which made Thee leave Heaven and become a poor Child.

Glory and praise be to Thee, most precious little Jesus, joy and honor of Thy Heavenly Father! I thank Thee through Thine Own sweet Heart which Thou didst reveal to the whole world through Thy birth. I greet Thee over and over again, most beautiful little Jesus, sweetest delight of the Father's Heart, refreshment of sick souls. I offer to Thee my own heart for Thy eternal glory and service.

Jesus, crown, love, joy, bliss of virgins! Thy love made Thee the Son of a Virgin. May Thou be glorified and praised forever. Amen. 

(St. Gertrude) 

Who started Christmas?

This morning I heard a story on the radio of a woman who was out Christmas shopping with her two children. After many hours of looking at row after row of toys and everything else imaginable. And after hours of hearing both her children asking for everything they saw on those many shelves, she finally made it to the elevator with her two kids. 

She was feeling what so many of us feel during the holiday season time of the year. Overwhelming pressure to go to every party, every housewarming, taste all the holiday food and treats, getting that perfect gift for every single person on our shopping list, making sure we don't forget anyone on our card list, and the pressure of making sure we respond to everyone who sent us a card. 

Finally the elevator doors opened and there was already a crowd in the car. She pushed her way into the car and dragged her two kids in with her and all the bags of stuff. When the doors closed she couldn't take it anymore and stated, "Whoever started this whole Christmas thing should be found, strung up and shot." 

From the back of the car everyone heard a quiet calm voice respond, "Don't worry we already crucified him." 

For the rest of the trip down, the elevator it was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. Don't forget this year to keep the One who started this whole Christmas thing in your every thought, deed, purchase, and word. If we all did it, just think of how different this whole world would be.

--
Good friends are like stars......
You don't always see them,
but you always know they're there.

WHY JESUS IS BETTER THAN SANTA CLAUS
Author Unknown

Santa lives at the North Pole ...

JESUS is everywhere.

Santa rides in a sleigh ...

JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water.

Santa comes but once a year ...

JESUS is an ever present help.

Santa fills your stockings with goodies ...

JESUS supplies all your needs.

Santa comes down your chimney uninvited ...

JESUS stands at your door and knocks, and then enters your heart when
invited.

You have to wait in line to see Santa ...

JESUS is as close as the mention of His name.

Santa lets you sit on his lap ...

JESUS lets you rest in His arms.

Santa doesn't know your name, all he can say is "Hi little boy or
girl, what's your name?" ...

JESUS knew our name before we did. Not only does He know our name, He
knows our address too. He knows our history and future and He even
knows how many hairs are on our heads.

Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly ...

JESUS has a heart full of love.

All Santa can offer is HO HO HO ...

JESUS offers health, help and hope.

Santa says "You better not cry" ...

JESUS says "Cast all your cares on me for I care for you."

Santa's little helpers make toys ...

JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts, repairs broken homes and
builds mansions.

Santa may make you chuckle but ...

JESUS gives you joy that is your strength.

While Santa puts gifts under your tree ...

JESUS became our gift and died on a tree.

It's obvious there is really no comparison.

We need to remember WHO Christmas is all about.

We need to put Christ back in CHRISTmas,

Jesus is still the reason for the season.

Yes, Jesus is better, he is even better than Santa Claus.

How to Pray The Franciscan Crown

1. Using beads for the Franciscan Crown (seven decades), announce the First Mystery and pray theOur Father on the single bead just before the medallion.

2. Pray one Hail Mary for each of the ten beads. (It seems most fitting to proceed around the beads in a clockwise direction.)

3. On the single bead between the decades, announce the next Mystery and then pray the Our Father. Continue as in Step 2 for the remaining Mysteries.

4. After the last Mystery, pray one Hail Mary each on the fourth and third beads from the Cross to complete 72 years of Mary’s Joy.

5. Pray the Our Father and the Glory to the Father (Gloria Patri) for the intention of the Holy Father on the 2nd bead from the Cross.

6. Pray a Hail Mary on the single bead closest to the Cross.

December 14 - Jesus Calling

Rest in Me, my child, forgetting about the worries of the world. Focus on Me—Emmanuel—and let My living Presence envelop you in Peace. Tune in to My eternal security, for I am the same yesterday, today, and forever. If you live on the surface of life by focusing on ever-changing phenomena, you will find yourself echoing the words of Solomon: “Meaningless! Meaningless! Everything is meaningless!”

Living in collaboration with Me is the way to instill meaning into your days. Begin each day alone with Me, so that you can experience the reality of My Presence. As you spend time with Me, the way before you opens up step by step. Arise from the stillness of our communion, and gradually begin your journey through the day. Hold My hand in deliberate dependence on Me, and I will smooth out the path before you.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
—Hebrews 13:8

“Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. “Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.”
—Ecclesiastes 1:2

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
—Proverbs 3:6

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint

Contributor

I love ordinary days, too.  Time to really enjoy my blessings.... a beautiful sunrise, a good cup of coffee, the dogs enjoying their breakfast.   Hope you all have a wonderful, ordinary day!

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Harlene and Luvswesties,  I really treasure my ordinary days too. Thanks for posting!!! Ordinary days are not just ordinary, but blessings from God too!!