Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Hello my friends! Well we are approved already for the apartment!  Sammy can come too, with no extra charge!! Some more good news is that they have antenna, we don't have to pay for TV at all, it has all the basic channels, and all we did have was the cheapest basic on dish.  For Wi-Fi, we need to get a router, we have one here for our wi-fi, can we just bring that and use it there?  We will have their internet system which is Key Net, 35 dollars a month for that.  So 1100 a month for the apt. includes all but cable, and phone, which we have our own anyway, and their internet is cheaper than charter.  It was a good morning and then we visited with Linda and Gordy who use to be our neighbors in our other town, they lived across the street from us.  I worked one summer in Linda's antique store in that town. Lots of good memories with them. Now they'll be our neighbors again.  Remember she has cancer, and is on oxygen, needs our prayers.  Gordy has a heart condition, has a pacemaker, they are younger than we are!  They are so looking forward to us moving there, and she wants to play cards!! She's mentioned that a lot.

So what are your blessings?  God is sure full of surprises, isn't He?  We felt nervous going there, but felt so much better leaving, and knowing this was the right decision.

Our lives should be productive and useful and we should always make a difference
because we are alive.  Lord, You have brought me to this new day.  Work with me
so that I will have a successful day with many accomplishments whether they are
great or small.  

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"As for that in the good soil, these are the ones who, when they hear
the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with
patient endurance."  ~Luke 8:15

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

The laws of nature cannot be changed and must be obeyed if we are to
stay healthy.  No exceptions can be made in our case.  We can submit to
the laws of nature or they will finally break us.  And in the realm of
the spirit, in all human relationships, we can submit to the moral laws
and to the will of God.  If we continue to break the laws of honesty,
purity, unselfishness and love, we can be broken to some extent
ourselves.  The moral and spiritual laws of God, like the laws of
nature, are unbreakable without some disaster. If we are dishonest,
impure, selfish and unloving, we are not living according to the laws of
the spirit and we may suffer the consequences.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may submit to the laws of nature and to the laws of God.
I pray that I may live in harmony with all the laws of life.

July 6

O day of eternity, O day so long desired,
With thirst and longing, my eyes search You out.
Soon love will tear the veil asunder,
and You will be my salvation.

O day most solemn, O day of brightness,
When the soul will know God in is omnipotence
And drown totally in His love.
Knowing the miseries of exile are o'er.

O happy day, O blessed day,
When my heart will burn for You with fire eternal,
For even now I feel Your presence, through the veil.
Through life and death, O Jesus,
     You are my rapture and delight.

O day, of which I dreamed through all my life,
Waiting long for You, O God,
For it is You alone whom I desire.
You are the one and only of my heart; all else is naught.

O day of delight, day of eternal bliss,
God of great majesty, my beloved Spouse,
You know that nothing will satisfy a virgin heart.
On Your tender Heart I rest my brow.       (1230)

The words of Our Lord Jesus Christ are in boldface. The words of Our Lady are in italics.

Copyright (c) 1996 by the Congregation of Marians of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. All rights reserved.

July 6 - Jesus Calling

I am your Father-God. Listen to Me! Learn what it means to be a child of the everlasting King. Your richest duty is devotion to Me. This duty is such a joyous privilege that it feels like a luxury. You tend to feel guilty about pushing back the boundaries of your life to make space for time alone with Me. The world is waiting to squeeze you into its mold and to crowd out time devoted to Me. The ways of the world have also warped your conscience, which punishes you for doing the very thing that pleases Me most: seeking My Face. Listen to Me above the clamor of voices trying to distract you. Ask My Spirit to control your mind, for He and I work in perfect harmony. Be still and attentive in My Presence. You are on holy ground.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
—Isaiah 9:6

“Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you; He is just and having salvation, lowly and riding on a donkey, a colt, the foal of a donkey.”
—Zechariah 9:9 nkjv

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
—Romans 8:15–16

“Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.”
—Exodus 3:5

Prayer For Trust In Jesus

O Christ Jesus, when all is darkness and we feel our weakness and helplessness, give us the sense of Your Presence, Your love, and Your strength.  Help us to have perfect trust in Your protecting love and strengthening power, so that nothing may frighten or worry us, for, living close to You, we shall see Your hand, Your purpose, Your will through all things.  

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Honored Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Congratulations on the new apartment and being able to reduce your expenses. Good deal😸
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, Tansy!!  And I get to go swimming as much as I want to there too - indoors.

Trusted Contributor

Our blessing today was that my husband saw the surgeon and he that the lump on his back is just a fatty tumor and nothing to worry about  he will remove it next Tuesday. He will just give him a local and then remove it. We have to wait for a call from the hospital on Monday to tell us what time to be there on Tuesday.

Thanks everyone for your prayers.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Esteemed Contributor

I am here,  `life I G`.

This is the only thread 'DAILY' on gloriajean's. 

I will stay here until I hear from you. I certainly understand -

NAES

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NAES1wrote:

I am here,  `life I G`.

This is the only thread 'DAILY' on gloriajean's. 

I will stay here until I hear from you. I certainly understand -

NAES

Hi, I'm hoping Gloria will be of some help to you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

This is fine with me.  I just do not want anyone to have asset to something private. I value your and g's caution. It use to be "IF" this is done, then one could delete. I've tried it 2 years ago but could not delete----so it is some place in cyber space..I should surmise. Thank you for going to the trouble. Will not bother anyone further. Best wishes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

May be an image of rose and text

Esteemed Contributor

Hello dear, my email is lgflint@charter.net until September when we change with the move.

Praying for William!  

Esteemed Contributor

...got it,

NAES