Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday, Sept. 22

Greetings my friends! Hope you all are having a good and positive Monday.  Bought a book case today for all my books.  That will be very handy to have and can hardly wait for my husband to assemble it! Thought I'd do something different today, I chopped up what I had left of the yellow and red peppers, mixed them with the chives, kale and collard I picked yesterday, put some in some ground turkey and fried it, going to put the fried up ground turkey in the freezer for future use and handy with all the seasonings in it.  The rest of the peppers I mixed with the greens and froze them in small baggies, just enough to put in soups, hot dishes or chili. Think that will be very handy too.  We just have a few tomatoes left, but lots of apples.  I'll fry some apples with cinnamon in them, that is very good too.

May you all have a very positive Tuesday.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday, Sept. 22

I forgot to add the inspirations after my post:

We don't choose how or when we will die, but we do decide how we will live. 

Lord, forgive my frequent drifting and help me to see clearly the best path

for me.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"But you are not in the flesh; you are in the Spirit, since the Spirit of
God dwells in you."  ~Romans 8:9

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

I cannot ascertain the spiritual with my intellect.  I can only do it by my
own faith and spiritual faculties.  I can sometimes think of God with my
heart as well as with my head.  I can breathe in God's very spirit in the
life around me.  I can keep my eyes turned toward the good things in the
world.  I can empty my mind of all the limitations of material things.  I
can sense the eternal.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

I pray that whatever is good I may have.  I pray that I may leave to God the
choice of what good will come to me.

Right Now

What is wrong with right now? Nothing. Are there things you would like to change? Of course. The beauty of right now is that it gives you a place to start and the wisdom of knowing where to go.

There is nothing wrong with right now. It is a magnificent point in time. Any problems you sense with this moment are based on your own interpretation. Nothing is wrong unless you choose to make it so.

Choose instead to see and to live the rightness and the goodness of this moment. Transcend the petty concerns which have held you back in the past. Free yourself to live at your best.

Drink in the beauty and energy of right now. A world of possibilities stretches out in front of you. They all begin right now. Life is already filled with abundance, and right now is your chance to make it even better.

~ Ralph Marston ~

WE STILL HAVE A WAYS TO GO!

--Author Unknown 

We have taller buildings, but shorter tempers; wider freeways but narrower viewpoints. 

We spend more, but have less; we buy more, but enjoy it less.

We have bigger houses and smaller families; more conveniences, but less time.

We have more degrees, but less common sense; more knowledge, but less judgment; more experts but more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry too quickly, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too seldom, watch TV too much and pray too little.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.

We talk too much, love too seldom and lie too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life; we've added years to life, not life to years.

We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbor. We've conquered outer space but not inner space; we've done larger things, but not better things. 

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul; we've split the atom, but not our prejudice; we write more, but learn less; plan more, but accomplish less.

We've learned to rush, but not to wait; we have higher incomes; but lower morals. We have more food but less appeasement; more acquaintances, but fewer friends; more effort but less success. 

We build more computers to hold more information, but have less communication; we've become long on quantity but short on quality. 

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion; tall men and short character; steep profits and shallow relationships. These are times of domestic warfare; more leisure and less fun; more kinds of food, but less nutrition. 

These are days of two incomes, but more divorces; of fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throw away morality, one-night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the show window, and nothing in the stockroom. Indeed there is a lot of truth in these remarks; think about it... read it again.

Patrick Carnevale's Scripture Reflection

Today's readings 9/21/15
Eph.4:1-7, 11-13;  Ps.19:2-5;  Mt.9:9-13

We've all been invited by Jesus to "Come, follow Me" just like St.Matthew was, and I can assure you that if we respond to that call God will provide us with special gifts to help us fulfill our role in the "building up of the Body of Christ". What we need to remember is it's a learning process, one that will require us to "go and learn the meaning of" many different things in order to be a true follower of Christ, and that can be very challenging for a lot of people. That's because we're going to have to accept the fact that we don't know everything yet, what's even harder to accept is the fact that neither does anyone else, making St.Paul's advice to the Ephesians to be "humble, gentle and patient, bearing with one another through love" so important a lesson to learn. The reality is we're all in need of Our Divine Physician, and our experience with His Healing Grace should in turn be the experience others have in their relationship with us. That, my friends, is a lesson we all need to "go and learn", one that would drastically change the world if we put it into practice every day, and if we use the gifts God has blessed us with we can begin making those changes first and foremost within our own hearts where it's probably needed the most. 

God bless you,

In Jesus - Pat  

Holy Trinity Prayer Dear Holy Trinity, united in perfect love
You are three conceived in one Being.
Oh, Holy Trinity, come down upon me
for I, Your poor miserable servant call upon You.
Oh Father, You are mighty 
and have done great things for me.
I am Your servant.
Use me as You wish.
O, loving, caring, Jesus,
You have saved me from total damnation.
How shall I repay Thee?
Love, Peace and Joy?
Dearest Holy Spirit, without You I would be lost.
You give me the strength I need.
Holy Trinity, I submit myself to You.
Amen

September 21 - Jesus Calling

Wait quietly in My Presence while My thoughts form silently in the depths of your being. Do not try to rush this process, because hurry keeps your heart earthbound. I am the Creator of the entire universe, yet I choose to make My humble home in your heart. It is there where you know Me most intimately; it is there where I speak to you in holy whispers. Ask My Spirit to quiet your mind so that you can hear My still, small voice within you. I am speaking to you continually: words of Life…Peace…Love. Tune your heart to receive these messages of abundant blessing. Lay your requests before Me and wait in expectation.

And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.

—1 Kings 19:12 nkj

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

—Psalm 5:3

Trusted Contributor

Gloria you make me hungry.. Lol

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Esteemed Contributor

Harlene, tell me what foods you like to make.

That's a good positive thing to discuss, right?