Valued Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Thursday

Good Morning! Beautiful thread today,Gloria. Also a beautiful graphic Julie! It's nice to see the thread getting busier again, and I hope it continues.

Hello to Harlene, go2grl, Lucy, and anyone who'll post later.

I've been walking when I can in the beautiful weather, and have made it back to the route I took years ago.Yesterday was my first day to get there. A  steep hill  has to be overcome just past our driveway, before the fields and nice flat areas appear. It feels like a great accomplishment being able to make the hill after not being able to do much for so long. It was only 54 degrees when I left and only 57 or so now.. It's great, as it feels like fall! Wishing everyone your own personal triumphs today! pinky

Honored Contributor

Hi Gloria, Smiley Happy

Did you hear anything from your daughter about the interview?

You're moving?   Are you moving to a new home in the same area or a new area?

Take care. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

Julie - so glad I posted the Divine Mercy then!! I was hesitiant but God wanted me to.  Thanks for telling me that - what a blessings!!  Isn't our God full of surprises?

Esteemed Contributor

Lucy - I'm sorry you had a hard time sleeping!!  I got up at 3, (bathroom) and then I went to the computer and got my whole list out to the world, then back to bed, and it took awhile for me to get back to sleep!  You are doing great on your tablet!!  I don't know if I can post on mine as good as you did with paragraghs!!  I should try and see.  

I'm getting used to the new forums, I don't use them much, mainly for this thread. That, for sure, is the main thing I'm on the forums.

Esteemed Contributor

Harlene - we keep praying - she hasn't heard anything yet as of last night.  Not giving up hope.  Well, for answering everyone I'm finding it easy for me to hit reply after each one's response here, hope that's okay, I don't want to miss anyone. I'm enjoying the different fonts and color!!!  Better than plain black!

Esteemed Contributor

Pinky - Glad you liked the thread!  I never know for sure so it's good to know when someone does.  Walking is so good for you, I'm not much of a walker anymore, I went grocery shopping with Linus, I'm about walked out!!! Have to sit!!  I keep thinking that after September I can go swimming as much as I want to!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Donna, yes! We are selling our house and will be moving to an apartment in September.  This apartment complex has friends of ours living there and want us there - they used to be our former neighbors across the street in another town.  We will be moving to their son's apt. as they, son, daughter in law, and 3 girls, will be moving to their new house that they are building.  We saw the place and it's really nice and will hold our furniture. We don't have to get rid of much, now just to get our house sold!

The reason is - Linus just got tired of all the maintenence of owning a house, and yard work especially.  He's still working 4 days a week, at age 76, selling appliances, and doesn't want to work doing so much yard work etc. We have a good sized garden, we'll have alot of potatoes again this year!!! That we'll miss.

Thanks for asking.

Honored Contributor

Gloria, I don't blame Linus one bit!!   I'm glad you like the apartment and life will be easier. 

I know you'll miss your garden, but that is a small sacrifice if both of you are happier. 

I'll check back for news about your daughter's interview!   Feel free to update on my thread, as well.   Fingers crossed. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.