Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Sunday

Hello my friends!  Found out last night that the twins are almost a pound each now.  Babies are doing fine, and so is Darla.They were tested for birth defects, and there aren't any - Praise God! She is having a party tonight for her co-workers at school. She doesn't even need to go on bed rest she said. Your prayers are being answered. What a blessing that was to hear that.  Today Lori came over with some left over cornbeef and cabbage - we had that for lunch after his work. It was good!!

There is a purpose for our trials and burdens just as there is  
a purpose for the joys and wonders in our lives. Lord, grant
me Your  peace as Your plan for me unfolds.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"'May they prosper who love you.  Peace be within your walls, and
security within your towers.'  For the sake of my relatives and
friends I will say, 'Peace be within you.'  For the sake of the house
of the
LORD our God, I will seek your good."  ~Psalm 122:6-9

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

I believe that God's presence can bring peace and that peace, like a
quiet-flowing river, can cleanse all irritants away.  In these quiet
times, God can teach me how to rest my nerves.  I need not be afraid.
I can learn how to relax.  When I am relaxed, God's strength can flow
into me.  I can be at peace.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray for that peace which passes all understanding.  I pray for that
peace which the world can neither give nor take away.

Lenten Reflection by Bishop Robert Barron

Lent Day 39
How Will You Respond?

The parable of the sower and seed provides a very helpful examination of conscience. 

The sower of the seed is God the Father, and the seed that he sows is Jesus his son. “The seed sown on the path is the one who hears the word of the kingdom without understanding it, and the evil one comes and steals away what was sown in his heart” (Mark 4:15).

I would imagine that practically everyone reading this reflection has heard the word of Jesus Christ. There are some reading who even attend church every Sunday and listen to that word. But perhaps you have never sought to deepen your faith, to understand what is being said. People will deepen their understanding of finance, science, literature, art, sports, technology—but they will often allow their religious understanding to remain at the eighth grade level. When we allow this to happen, the word will never take root in us.

“The seed sown on rocky ground is the one who hears the word and receives it with joy. But he has no root and lasts only for a time” (Mark 4:16-17). I found this sometimes among the seminarians I used to teach. They could hear God’s word and that word could penetrate to their very heart and they could rejoice over it. But then they don’t allow it to sink deep into them. When they come down from their “high,” they lose interest and enthusiasm.

The Word of God is meant to sustain us precisely during the difficult times, but it can do this only if it reaches deep into us. The daily practice of the faith is essential here. Baseball practice is rarely if ever joyful. Violin practice is usually something of a drudgery. But those exercises allow people to play for the long haul. So in matters of God’s word: it has to be practiced.

“The seed sown among thorns is the one who hears the word, but then worldly anxiety and the lure of riches choke the word and it bears no fruit” (Mark 4:18-19). This is now a third danger, distinct from the first two. The first had to do with the mind, and the second with religious practice. This one has to do with worldliness, which is always a danger to faith.

This parable offers a meditation on the ways the Word of Jesus Christ lands in our hearts and souls. The most important issue that you will ever face, the most pressing question you will ever be asked is how do you respond when this word is sown?

WHEN I PRAY THE LORD'S PRAYER:

I cannot say OUR if I am selfish and do not think of others.
I cannot say FATHER if I do not treat my parents with respect.
I cannot say WHOM ART IN HEAVEN if all I care about are material things.
I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME if I do not say the Lord's name with reverence.
I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE if I am more interested in the things my own way.
I cannot say ON EARTH, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN if I am not ready to do His will here on earth.

I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD without being willing to share what I have with others.
I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US if I hold grudges and will not forgive others.
I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL if I am not willing to walk away from those things that are wrong and ask the Lord's help through prayer.

I cannot say THINE IS THE KINGDOM if I am not willing to accept God as a Ruler of my Life.
I cannot say THINE IS THE POWER if I do not remember that my gifts and talents come from God not from myself.
I cannot say THINE IS THE GLORY if I only seek my own glory and recognition.
I cannot say FOREVER AND EVER if I am only interested in what is happening in my life right now.
I cannot say AMEN unless I can say "WHATEVER HAPPENS IN MY LIFE, THIS MY PRAYER."

May the Good Lord bless and keep you.
May His love shine upon you.
May He hold you in the palm of His hand.

(The Lord's Prayer can be found in the bible in Matthew 6:9-13 and Luke 11:2-4.)

The Beautiful Colour of LOVE

What colour is God,
Asked the child with skin so fair
Is he white like me,
Does he have light hair?

Is God dark like me,
Asked the child with skin of golden hue,
Has he hair that's dark and curly,
Are his eyes black or blue?

I think God is red like me,
The Indian boy is heard to say --
He wears a crown of feathers,
And turns our nights to day

Each one of us knows that God is there
In ALL the colours above
But be sure of this, the one colour he is,
Is the beautiful colour of love

So when your soul goes to Heaven,
When your life comes to its end --
He will be waiting, and his hand to you
Will he extend.

There will be no colours in Heaven,
Everyone will be the same.
You will only be judged by your earthly deeds,
Not your colour or your name

So when your time comes,
And you see God in his Heaven above,
Then you will see the only colour that counts,
The beautiful colour of LOVE.

Nadine Mansour
4:04 AM (4 hours ago)

to bcc: me

Making Pancakes

Six year old Brandon decided one Saturday morning to fix his parents pancakes. He found a big bowl and spoon, pulled a chair to the counter, opened the cupboard and pulled out the heavy flour canister, spilling it on the floor.

He scooped some of the flour into the bowl with his hands, mixed in most of a cup of milk and added some sugar, leaving a floury trail on the floor which by now had a few tracks left by his kitten. Brandon was covered with flour and getting frustrated. He wanted this to be something very good for Mom and Dad, but it was getting very bad.

He didn't know what to do next, whether to put it all into the oven or on the stove and he didn't know how the stove worked! Suddenly he saw his kitten licking from the bowl of mix and reached to push her away, knocking the egg carton to the floor. Frantically he tried to clean up this monumental mess but slipped on the eggs, getting his pajamas white and
 sticky.

And just then he saw Dad standing at the door. Big crocodile tears welled up in
Brandon 's eyes. All  he'd wanted to do was something good, but he'd made a terrible mess. He was sure a scolding was coming, maybe even a spanking. But his father just watched him.

Then, walking through the mess, he picked up his crying son, hugged him and loved him, getting his own pajamas white and sticky in the process!

That's how God deals with us... We try to do something good in life, but it turns into a mess. Our marriage gets all sticky or we insult a friend, or we can't stand our job, or our health goes sour.

Sometimes we just stand there in tears because we can't think of anything else to do. That's when God picks us up and loves us and forgives us, even though some of our mess gets all over Him.

But just because we might mess up, we can't stop trying to 'make pancakes' for God or for others. Sooner or later we'll get it right, and then they'll be glad we tried.....

I was thinking and I wondered if I had any wounds needing to be healed, friendships that need rekindling or three words needing to be said, sometimes , 'I love you' can heal & bless! Remind every one of your friends that you love them. Even if you think they don't love back, you would be amazed at what those three little words, a smile, and a reminder like this can do.

Send this to everyone .. And never stop 'making pancakes.

John 3:3
" Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Mother Teresa Said...

Who Is Jesus to Me? 
Jesus is the Hungry to be fed.
Jesus is the Thirsty to be satiated.
Jesus is the Naked to be clothed.
Jesus is the Homeless to be taken in.
Jesus is the Sick to be healed.
Jesus is the Lonely to be loved. 

Who Is Jesus to Me? 
Jesus is the Love to be loved.
Jesus is the Joy to be shared.
Jesus is the Sacrifice to be offered.
Jesus is the Peace to be given. 

Who Is Jesus to Me? 
Jesus is the Word to be spoken.
Jesus is the Truth to be told.
Jesus is the Way to be walked.
Jesus is the Light to be lit.
Jesus is the Life to be lived.

A MORNING OFFERING THROUGH ST. JOSEPH 

Receive me, dear and chosen Father, and the offering of every 
movement of my body and soul, which I desire to present 
through thee to my blessed Lord.

Purify all! Make all a perfect holocaust! May every pulsation 
of my heart be a Spiritual Communion, every look and 
thought an act of love, every action a sweet sacrifice, 
every word an arrow of Divine love, every step 
an advance toward Jesus, every visit to Our Lord as 
pleasing to God as the errands of Angels, every thought 
of thee, dear Saint, an act to remind thee that I am thy child.

I recommend to thee the occasions in which I usually fail, 
particularly . . . [Mention these]. Accept each little devotion 
of the day, though replete with imperfection, and offer it 
to Jesus, Whose mercy will overlook all, since He 
regards not so much the gift as the love of the giver. 
Amen.

March 19 - Jesus Calling

I speak to you from the depths of your being. Hear Me saying soothing words of Peace, assuring you of My Love. Do not listen to voices of accusation, for they are not from Me. I speak to you in love-tones, lifting you up. My Spirit convicts cleanly, without crushing words of shame. Let the Spirit take charge of your mind, combing out tangles of deception. Be transformed by the truth that I live within you.

The Light of My Presence is shining upon you, in benedictions of Peace. Let My Light shine in you; don’t dim it with worries or fears. Holiness is letting Me live through you. Since I dwell in you, you are fully equipped to be holy. Pause before responding to people or situations, giving My Spirit space to act through you. Hasty words and actions leave no room for Me; this is atheistic living. I want to inhabit all your moments—gracing your thoughts, words, and behavior.

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
—Romans 8:1–2

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
—Colossians 1:27

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.
—1 Corinthians 6:19

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Sunday

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Sunday

Happy Spring and Palm Sunday to all. 

Such good news Gloria about Darla and the babies.  Bless them all three.

Have a lovely day in the Lord today.