Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Sunday

Hello my friends! I went to our neighbors for our Open House and saw lots of people coming and going.  Talked a little with Jessie, our realtor and she said it was good, she talked to them all, maybe a dozen people.  They loved our house and porch, and landscaping, all the beautiful flowers around the house and yard etc. but still no offer.  Tomorrow we have two more showings, so we went to Mass tonight. Wonderful Homily!!  Have Faith if Jesus! Trust in Him.  He raised the young girl from the dead! He healed a woman who was hemmoraging for 12 years, when she just touched his garment. We need to have more faith!!!

Praying for all of you!!! Thanks so much for posting your blessings, do continue! It pleases God to be thankful for all He does for us!

See opportunity in your difficulties, not difficulty in your opportunities. 
Lord, I will focus on the goodness today brings to me and look for the
many reasons I have to feel joy.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"Be still and know that I am God."  ~Psalm 46:10

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

We need not become encumbered by petty annoyances.  We need not respond
to emotional upsets by emotional upset.  It is best for us to keep calm
in all circumstances.  We need not fight back.  We can call on the grace
of God to calm us when we feel like retaliating.  We can look to God for
the inner strength to drop those resentments that drag us down.  If we
are burdened by annoyances, we can lose our inward peace and the spirit
of God can be shut out.  We can try to keep peaceful within.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

I pray that I may do the things that make for peace.  I pray that I may
have a mission of conciliation.

Cast Your Burdens On Him

To every one on earth
God gives a burden, to be carried down
The road that lies between the cross and crown.
No lot is wholly free;
He giveth one to thee.

Some carry it aloft,
Open and visible to any eyes;
And all may see its form and weight and size.
Some hide it in their breast,
And deem it there unguessed.

Thy burden is God's gift,
And it will make the bearer calm and strong;
Yet, lest it press too heavily and long,
God says, "Cast it on Me,
And it shall easy be."
And those who heed His voice,
And seek to give it back in trustful prayer,
Have quiet hearts that never can despair;
And hope lights up the way
Upon the darkest day.
Cast your burdens on the Lord and he'll bear them for you.
Have a wonderful weekend and be blessed by all you see and do.

Judgment Day  

You stand before God with sweaty palms and a racing heart. He's asking you
only one question: Do you know and have you accepted My Son?
You reply confidently: Yes.
Finally, He has granted you entry into heaven.
As you are about to enter the golden gates, your friend at school -- whom
you've known for quite sometime -- quickly yells something at you. You know
that person isn't a Christian and a deep sorrow sweeps over you as you
remember how you tried to just get enough courage to speak to him/her about
Christ. But, now it is too late. You look into the eyes of this friend
you've known and can't help to feel some pity for them. You know what's
going to happen. You try to ignore the feeling of guilt and sadness.
Besides, you're going to heaven -- why dwell on the past? You strain your ears
to hear what he/she is trying to say. Finally, you understand. Your friend
is asking you one simple question:
"Why didn't you tell me?"

Isaiah 43:8 -- Lead out those who have eyes but are blind, who have ears but
are deaf.

Author Unknown

Believe what God believes... Overcoming negative feelings, whether they stem from childhood or current situation, takes time and effort, but change is possible. Christian psychologist, Dr. ****** Dickerson, has written a beautiful summary of how God looks at you. Read this passage aloud to yourself every morning and evening for the next month, then evaluate how your feelings about yourself have changed:

BECAUSE GOD LOVES ME, HE IS SLOW TO LOSE PATIENCE WITH ME.

BECAUSE GOD LOVES ME, HE TAKES THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF MY LIFE AND USES THEM IN A CONSTRUCTIVE WAY FOR MY GROWTH.

BECAUSE GOD LOVES ME, HE DOES NOT TREAT ME AS AN OBJECT TO BE POSSESSED AND MANIPULATED.

BECAUSE GOD LOVES ME, HE DOES NOT NEED TO IMPRESS ME WITH HOW GREAT AND POWERFUL HE IS BECAUSE HE IS GOD. NOR DOES HE BELITTLE ME AS HIS CHILD IN ORDER TO SHOW ME HOW IMPORTANT HE IS.

BECAUSE GOD LOVES ME, HE IS FOR ME. HE WANTS TO SEE ME MATURE AND DEVELOP IN HIS LOVE.

BECAUSE GOD LOVES ME, HE DOES NOT SEND DOWN HIS WRATH ON EVERY LITTLE MISTAKE I MAKE, OF WHICH THERE ARE MANY.

BECAUSE GOD LOVES ME, HE DOES NOT KEEP SCORE OF ALL MY SINS AND THEN BEAT ME OVER THE HEAD WITH THEM WHENEVER HE GETS A CHANCE.

BECAUSE GOD LOVES ME, HE IS DEEPLY GRIEVED WHEN I DO NOT WALK IN THE WAYS THAT PLEASE HIM BECAUSE HE SEES THIS AS EVIDENCE THAT I DON'T TRUST HIM AND LOVE HIM AS I SHOULD.

BECAUSE GOD LOVES ME, HE KEEPS WORKING PATIENTLY WITH ME EVEN WHEN I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP.

BECAUSE GOD LOVES ME, HE KEEPS ON TRUSTING ME WHEN AT TIMES I DON'T EVEN TRUST MYSELF.

BECAUSE GOD LOVES ME, HE NEVER SAYS THERE IS NO HOPE FOR ME. RATHER, HE PATIENTLY WORKS WITH ME, LOVES ME, AND DISCIPLINES ME IN SUCH A WAY, THAT IT IS HARD FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND THE DEPTH OF HIS CONCERN FOR ME.

Pat's Scripture Reflection

Today's readings 6/27/15
Gen.18:1-15;  Lk.1:46-50, 53-55;  Mt.8:5-17

I'm a firm believer that the words of praise we hear from Our Blessed Mother in her Magnificat apply to each and every one of us, and if Abraham were still alive today I'm sure he would agree. So would the people Jesus touched and healed over the years, no doubt many of us included, and I think it's important to remember that when we find ourselves being overwhelmed by things we have no control over. The truth is we all have our own "demons and fevers" to deal with that faith in God is the only remedy for, something the Roman centurion's humble approach is presented to us in today's Gospel as a model for us to imitate. If we look closely at the healings Jesus performed we will notice that they had nothing to do with the "worthiness" of those He cured, the truth is if they did we wouldn't be reading about them. Every single one of them were answers to prayers made in humble faith, and I can assure you that "treatment plan" hasn't changed one bit. Jesus commends the centurion in spite of his unworthiness, not only in his eyes but in the eyes of those who were answerable to him, and just as He did for Abraham, Mary and countless others who approached Him with humble faith He richly rewarded him for it. No, my friends, God's Generosity cannot be outdone, and today's readings make it clear that humble faith is the key that opens those floodgates. I hope and pray that we all come to possess that life-changing key.

God bless you,
In Jesus - Pat 

June 27

Rest with Me a while. You have journeyed up a steep, rugged path in recent days. The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty. Look neither behind you nor before you. Instead, focus your attention on Me, your constant Companion. Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey.

I designed time to be a protection for you. You couldn’t bear to see all your life at once. Though I am unlimited by time, it is in the present moment that I meet you. Refresh yourself in My company, breathing deep draughts of My Presence. The highest level of trust is to enjoy Me moment by moment. I am with you, watching over you wherever you go.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
—Psalm 143:8

“I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
—Genesis 28:15 - From Jesus Calling