Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Saturday

Hello my friends!  Many blessings we managed to see today - a ceiling fan that he thought wasn't working anymore and almost ordered another, started working with no expense!! Other things  have come into place without extra expense. Those are great blessings!! Last night we picked a lot of lettuce to use, and guess what?  Our raspberries are starting in!!  Thanks be to God! My last year of picking them.  Praying for all your requests, daily!  Please come and post some of your wonderful blessings as you know there are many we just take for granted, right?

When you can't seem to be a shining example, at least twinkle a little. 
Lord, when I am weary, You are there.  When I am weak, You are there. 
When I stumble, You are always ready to pick me up. 

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"I know that I will remain and continue with all of you for your
progress and joy in faith, so that I may share abundantly in your
boasting in Christ Jesus when I come to you again.  Only, live your life
in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that, whether I come and
see you or am absent and hear about you, I will know that you are
standing firm in one spirit, striving side by side with one mind for the
faith of the gospel, and are in no way intimidated by your opponents.
For them this is evidence of their destruction, but of your salvation."
~Philippians 1:25-28

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

Spiritual progress is the law of our being.  We can try to see around us
more and more of beauty and truth, knowledge and power.  Today we can
try to be stronger, braver, more loving as a result of what we did
yesterday.  This law of spiritual progress gives meaning and purpose to
our lives.  We can always expect better things ahead.  We can accomplish
much good through the strength of God's spirit in us.  We need not be
discouraged.  The world is sure to get better, in spite of setbacks of
war, hate, and greed.  We can be part of the cure of the world's ills,
rather than part of the disease.

A Prayer When You Feel Worried and Uncertain
O Lord, each of us has fears that betray; worries that capture and shake out our joy. We find ourselves in limbo because we are neither here nor there.  We are in a time of transition, of getting ready.  Change and chance surround us.  Help us, O Lord, to return to Your Presence. Cause us to find the point and purpose of each day. All we ask is that You keep us on our feet so that we may walk with You.  Bless us this night and grant us rest. Amen.

Prayer for Trust in Jesus

O Christ Jesus, when all is darkness and we feel our weakness and helplessness, give us the sense of Your presence, Your love, and Your strength.  Help us to have perfect trust in Your protecting love and strengthening power, so that nothing may frighten or worry us, for, living close to You, we shall see Your hand, Your purpose, Your will through all things.

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Jesus Calling

June 26

Stay calmly conscious of Me today, no matter what. Remember that I go before you as well as with you into the day. Nothing takes Me by surprise. I will not allow circumstances to overwhelm you, so long as you look to Me. I will help you cope with whatever the moment presents. Collaborating with Me brings blessings that far outweigh all your troubles. Awareness of My Presence contains Joy that can endure all eventualities.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
—Psalm 23:1–4 nkjv

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
—2 Corinthians 4:16–17

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Saturday

[ Edited ]

May be an image of text that says 'Happy Weekend'

Trusted Contributor

Hugs to you to Julie.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Honored Contributor

Saturday blessings: Week Blessed, Saturday Blessed, Daily Blessed, Wall Quotes, Weekend Quotes, Week Fun, Beauty Blessed, Week Quotes, Saturday Quotes

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Valued Contributor

Happy Weekend!

We had extra blessings yesterday in that our furnace broke again, after just being repaired, but the part that had been installed was faulty, so it was only a 10.00 repair. Huge blessing!

Later in the day, we received notice that DS's health insurance wouldn't be covering our area anymore, starting early in 2016. I'd started to look online, then it decided to try the company we use for our other policies. I called, and they've JUST added health coverage! I'm thrilled to talk with them on Monday and see what we can come up with. I want DS's input, so I'm glad it had to wait until then.

This mornings unexpected blessing was not being ready as early as usual to go for my walk. It had started to rain lightly, then quickly turned in to heavy, steady rain. I would have been soaked! I have books and tapes to use inside, and it will be a nice break to do those and change things up.

You are all my blessings here, as are the words Gloria posts here daily. I'm blessed greatly anytime I can post here. I hope you'll all have a wonderful weekend, and know how much you are cared about. Thanks so much for prayers for Henry. I'll post as soon as I find out anything. Hugs, pinky

Trusted Contributor

How do you start a new subject on this stupid thing now.

I just saw that they ha those dryer eggs on again, and I just wanted to tell people that they are no good. They say they are supposed to last ten years mine didn't last two months.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Julie,  That was a blessing alright that the thread worked! Maybe it will now, maybe not, who knows?  Thanks for your inspirational graphics!  You are a blessing to be sure!  Everyone here are wonderful  blessings!

Esteemed Contributor

Harlene - you got it!  You're learning as we all are!!

Esteemed Contributor

Pinky - Isn't it great when parts are much cheaper than we think?  All these things are blessings indeed! Thank you so much for posting your blessings!!  

May God be praised!!

Esteemed Contributor

Puddles - thanks for the nice prayer!!