Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Hello my friends!  Peaceful day here today, but now we are starting to have some severe weather so I'll cut this short. Let's hope and pray no damage, and no tornadoes.  Got a blessed candle going.

The moment of absolute certainty over decisions made never arrives, so make
your decision and move on. Lord, grant me wisdom and confidence in making
my choices and the ability to recognize when new decisions need to be made.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield; he bestows favor and honor. No
good thing does the LORD withhold from those who walk uprightly."
~Psalm 84:11

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

God is good.  We can often tell whether or not a thing is of God.  If it
is of God, it must be good.  Honesty, purity, unselfishness, and love
are all good.  Unselfish helpfulness is good, and these things all lead
to the abundant life.  We can leave in God's hands the present and the
future,
knowing that only God is good.   God can bring order out of chaos, good
out
of evil, and peace out of turmoil.  We can believe that everything
really good comes from God and that God shares God's goodness with us.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

I pray that I may reach out for the good.  I pray that I may try to
choose the best in life.

STOLEN CAR 
(A Lesson For All Of Us) 
-author unknown 

I was sitting at a stop light this morning. The lady in front of me 
was going through papers on the seat of her car, and when the 
light changed to green she did not obey its command -- a green 
light is a commandment - NOT a suggestion. 

When the light turned to red, and she had still not moved, I began 
(with my windows up) screaming epithets and beating on my steering 
wheel. My expressions of distress were interrupted by a policeman, 
gun drawn, tapping on my window. Against my protestations of, "You 
can't arrest me for hollering in my car," he ordered me into the back 
seat of his squad car. 

After about two hours in a holding cell, the arresting officer advised 
me I was free to go. I said, "I knew you couldn't arrest me for what 
I was yelling in my own car. You haven't heard the last of this." 

The officer replied, "I didn't arrest you for shouting in your car. I 
was directly behind you at the light. I saw you screaming and beating 
your steering wheel, and I said to myself, "What a jerk. But there is 
nothing I can do to him for throwing a fit in his own car. Then I 
noticed the 'Cross' hanging from your rear view mirror, the bright 
yellow 'Choose Life' license tag, the 'Jesus is Coming Soon' bumper 
sticker, and the Fish symbol, and I thought you must have stolen the 
car."

Daily Prayer to the Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart of Jesus today I wish to live in You, in Your grace, in which 

I desire of all costs to preserve. Keep me from sin and strengthen my will

by helping me to keep watch over my senses, my imagination, and my heart. 

Help me to correct my faults which are the source of sin. I beg you to do this,

O Jesus, through Mary, Your Immaculate Mother.

LET HIM IN

The path that I took was so steep and so bent,
I fell many times,
But I refused to repent.
I dropped to the depths,
But I clawed my way up,
It doesn’t matter --- its always been rough.
One day I was about to fall to my death,
I didn’t care if it was my last breath.
I looked down below:
There was a great pit.
I watched for a moment,
And a great fire was lit.
The souls of lost sinners all withered and scarred,
Their screams of sheer torment I could hear from afar.
Then I stumbled a bit,
I thought I’d slip down,
When a voice said to me “Get back on firm ground!”
I fell to my knees and how I did pray!
Christ took my hand and saved me that day!
I look back on that time, so let me review;
All the people I’ve hurt,
Could we start anew??
I’ve had lots of problems and my prayer list is long,
But God always listens because He knows I’ve been wrong.
I pray that the ink on this pad would truly inspire,
And if words of our Lord is your one desire,
Then knock on the door and the gate will swing wide.
You’ll find peace and salvation on the other side.
But let us not tarry, before it’s too late!
Christ is the answer --- He always will wait!
But if your name is called and you haven’t believed,
And you don’t kneel before Jesus,
You won’t be received!
So let Christ in your heart and receive His reward,
Step into heaven and hold hands with the Lord.

Quotes of Mother Teresa

"When I was crossing into Gaza, I was asked at the check post whether I was carrying any weapons. I replied: Oh yes, my prayer books."

"God has created us to love and to be loved, and this is the beginning of prayer to know that He loves me, that I have been created for greater things."

"Each time people come into contact with us, they must become different and better people because of having met us. We must radiate God's love."

"Love begins at home. Everything depends on how we love each other."

"If God chose me, He chose you. If He loves me, He loves you. If He trusts me, He trusts you. Never use ugly words for each other. Don't try to see what is bad. Find out what is nice in each other."

"Looking at the terrible suffering & fruit of war [the] same thing, I was thinking, can happen through uncharitable words & actions. We do not destroy buildings but we destroy the very heart of love, peace and unity."

"Have that deep respect for each other...what you have I do not have, [what] I can do, you cannot do, but together we do something beautiful for God."

"Please listen to the will of God. God has created us to be loved by His love, and not to be destroyed by our hatred."

"Let love and peace triumph and let your names be remembered for the good you have done, the joy you have spread and the love you have shared."

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten we belong to each other."

"The people re asking for spiritual help, for consolation, they are so afraid, discouraged, in despair, so many commit suicide. That's why we must concentrate on being God's love, God's presence not by words, but by service, concrete love, listening."

"Hope is the great gift from God. Hope is the sign of life."

"If you pray more you will pray better."

"We need to pray to be able to be so one with Christ, one with God that nothing can separate us from the love of Christ."

"You must learn to pray - maybe not big prayers but talk from the heart to God, open your heart to God."

"You are the co-workers of Christ Himself and He wants you to be so totally His wherever you are, whatever work you are doing, there to be that sunshine of God's love.

"Be very careful not to allow partialities to spoil the beautiful work of love God has entrusted to us - giving in to likes and dislikes, treating differently people of different caste or creed. This could easily happen if we do not pray."

"There are only two ways: either we love and love in action is service - or we put hatred into action and destroy."

An unemployed man is desperate to support his family of a wife and three kids. He applies for a janitor's
job at a large firm and easily passes an aptitude test.

The human resources manager tells him, "You will be hired at minimum wage of $5.15 an hour. Let me have
your e-mail address so that we can get you in the loop. Our system will automatically e-mail you all the
forms and advise you when to start and where to report on your first day."

Taken back, the man protests that he is poor and has neither a computer nor an e-mail address. To this the
manager replies, "You must understand that to a company like ours that means that you virtually do not
exist. Without an e-mail address you can hardly expect to be employed by a high-tech firm. Good day."

Stunned, the man leaves. Not knowing where to turn and having $10 in his wallet, he walks past a farmers'
market and sees a stand selling 25-lb crates of beautiful red tomatoes. He buys a crate, carries it
to a busy corner and displays the tomatoes. In less than 2 hours he sells all the tomatoes and makes 100%
profit. Repeating the process several times more that day, he ends up with almost $100 and arrives home that
night with several bags of groceries for his family.

During the night he decides to repeat the tomato business the next day. By the end of the week he is
getting up early every day and working into the night. He multiplies his profits quickly. Early in the second
week he acquires a cart to transport several boxes of tomatoes at a time, but before a month is up he sells
the cart to buy a broken-down pickup truck.

At the end of a year he owns three old trucks. His two sons have left their neighborhood gangs to help him
with the tomato business, his wife is buying the tomatoes, and his daughter is taking night courses at
the community college so she can keep books for him.

By the end of the second year he has a dozen very nice used trucks and employs fifteen previously unemployed
people, all selling tomatoes. He continues to work hard.

Time passes and at the end of the fifth year he owns a fleet of nice trucks and a warehouse that his wife
supervises, plus two tomato farms that the boys manage. The tomato company's payroll has put hundreds
of homeless and jobless people to work. His daughter reports that the business grossed a million dollars.

Planning for the future, he decides to buy some life insurance. Consulting with an insurance adviser, he
picks an insurance plan to fit his new circumstances. Then the adviser asks him for his e-mail address in
order to send the final documents electronically.

When the man replies that he doesn't have time to mess with a computer and has no e-mail address, the
insurance man is stunned, "What, you don't have e-mail? No computer? No Internet? Just think where you
would be today if you'd had all of that five years ago!"

" Ha!" snorts the man. "If I'd had e-mail five years ago 
I would still be sweeping floors at Microsoft and making
$5.15 an hour."

Jesus Calling

June 12

“LET ME HELP YOU get through this day. There are many possible paths to travel between getting up in the morning and your lying down at night. Stay alert to the many choice-points along the way, being continually aware of My Presence. You will get through this day one way or another. One way is to moan and groan, stumbling along with shuffling feet. This will get you to the end of the day eventually, but there is a better way. You can choose to walk with Me along the path of Peace, leaning on Me as much as you need. There will still be difficulties along the way, but you can face them confidently in My strength. Thank Me for each problem you encounter, and watch to see how I transform trials into blessings.”

1 Corinthians 10:10 – And do not grumble, as some of them did —and were killed by the destroying angel.

Luke 1:79 – to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace.”

Valued Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Hello, Gloria Jean. I will say prayers for "calm seas" and peace of mind through the night. 

Trusted Contributor

Praying the bad weather passes quickly.

Blessings

Harlene(lovestopaint

Esteemed Contributor

Ruby Laine and Harlene - storm's over, it wasn't bad at all, short, no hail, just a little thunder and rain.  I lit my blessed candle.  I always do when there's a storm.  Thanks much for caring and prayers.  

Super Contributor

Happy to hear the storms came through and did left quietly.  Nasty weather makes me nervous and Gloriajean, what is a blessing candle?  I hope you and everyone have a wonderful Monday.  Blessings are right in front of us, we just need to keep our heart open to all of God's gifts.

Enjoy and peace to everyone.  Nancy 

Honored Contributor

Wishing everyone a blessed day. The temp here is 59 with rain and thunder. It is so dark out, hope this passes quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

Nancy - I always have my candles blessed and use them for protection of storms,  learned this from my Mom, I have a priest bless them.  I just use one, and let it burn for awhile,  and say a prayer.  Blessed palms are good to use, too, for protection against storms, but here in the apartment, we can't light a palm, but a candle will work.  

RetRN - Hopefully your weather wasn't severe.  Hate it when it gets so dark out.