Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Friday

Hello my friends!  Busy day tomorrow - we are helping Darla and Greg pack for moving on Saturday. She is not supposed to do a thing, has to be so careful!  My husband will take some boxes over to the new house in the afternoon after they get their key.  Then moving day is Saturday afternoon, will be helping them unpack etc. then and as much as they need us.  Starting Wednesday next week I start working for Lori at the office, taking calls and giving out gift certificates like I've been doing every year at this time.  Her clients are asking when I will be coming in to work!! Guess they look forward to seeing me there once a year!  Today was a restful day, talked to both girls on the phone, and really liking our new phones with T-Mobile now.  My Sprint one was so old and it was losing so much power so fast!  Seems like T-Mobile is  good company and cheaper rates than what we were paying at Sprint.  Lots of blessings from God we are so grateful for!

When you wonder what you should do, ask yourself what the Lord would do
and you can't go wrong.  Lord, make me more like You every day.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate
your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who
persecute you,  so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he
makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the
righteous and on the unrighteous.  For if you love those who love you, what
reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?  And if you
greet only your brothers and sisters, what more are you doing than others?
Do not even the Gentiles do the same?  Be perfect, therefore, as your
heavenly Father is perfect."  ~Matthew
5:43-48

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I can practice love, because lack of love will block the way.  I can try to
see good in all people, those I like and those who fret me and go against
the grain.  They are all children of God.  I can try to give love;
otherwise, how can I dwell in God's spirit from which nothing unloving can
come?  I can try to get along with all people, because the more love I give
away, the more I will have.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may do all I can to love others, in spite of their many
faults.  I pray that as I love, so will I be loved.

Rain On ME
By: Holly Gerth

Rain can be a force that destroys and washes away hope, or it can become a tool God uses to bring healing, growth, and new life to our hearts... Our response determines the difference.

I don't believe we have to wait for blue skies in order for God to use the rain. It can start right here, right now.

So wherever you are and whatever your storm may be, know that you are not alone. God is with you, and He is whispering messages about the rain to your heart that will change your world forever if you only dare to believe them.

MY DAILY PRAYER

O my God, I place my trust and confidence in You, Who will reward the good and punish the wicked. I believe in You and accept everything You have taught and revealed.

I believe that in one God there are three Divine Persons- God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

I believe that God became Man without ceasing to be God. He is Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, the Redeemer of human race. He died on the cross for my salvation and eternal happiness.

O my God, give me a strong faith. Help me to believe with lively faith.

O my God, all-good and all merciful, I sincerely hope to be saved. Help me to do all that is necessary to gain eternal salvation.

I have committed many sins in my life, but now I turn away from them. I am sorry, truly sorry, for all of them, because I have offended You, my God, Who are all-good, all-perfect, all-holy and all-merciful.

I love You, O my God, with all my heart. Please forgive me for having offended You. I promise that, with Your help, I will never offend You again.

My God, have mercy on me. Amen.

Early Celtic Prayer God to enfold me
God to surround me God in my speaking
God in my thinking God in my sleeping
God in my waking God in my watching
God in my hoping.
God in my life
God on my lips God in my soul
God in my heart.
God in my sufficing
God in my slumber
God in mine ever-lasting soul
God in mine eternity. Amen.

The Second Ten Commandments

11.    Thou shall not worry,  for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities.

12.    Thou shall not be fearful,  for most of the things we fear never come to pass.

13.    Thou shall not cross bridges before you come to them, for no one yet has succeeded in accomplishing this.

14.    Thou shall face each problem as it comes.   You can only handle one at a time anyway.

15.    Thou shall not take problems to bed with you, for they make very poor bedfellows.

16.    Thou shall not borrow other people's problems.   They can better care for them than you can.

17.    Thou shall not try to relive yesterday for good or ill, it is forever gone.  Concentrate on what is happening in your life and be happy now!

18.    Thou shall be a good listener,  for only when you listen do you hear different ideas from your own. It is hard to learn something new when you are talking, and some people do know more than you do.

19.    Thou shall not become "bogged down" by frustration, for 90% of it is rooted in self-pity and will only interfere with positive action.

20.    Thou shall count thy blessings, never overlooking the small ones, for a lot of small blessings add up to a big one.

Who wants the Son?

A wealthy man and his son loved to collect rare works of art. They had everything in their collection, from Picasso to Raphael. They would often sit together and admire the great works of art.

When the Vietnam conflict broke out, the son went to war. He was very courageous and died in battle while rescuing another soldier. The father was notified and grieved deeply for his only son.

About a month later, just before Christmas, there was a knock at the door. A young man stood at the door with a large package in his hands. He said, "Sir, you don't know me, but I am the soldier for whom your son gave his life. He saved many lives that day, and he was carrying me to safety when a bullet struck him in the heart and he died instantly.  He often talked about you, and your love for art."

The young man held out his package. "I know this isn't much. I'm not really a great artist, but I think your son would have wanted you to have this."

The father opened the package. It was a portrait of his son, painted by the young man. He stared in awe at the way the soldier had captured the personality of his son in the painting. The father was so drawn to the eyes that his own eyes welled up with tears. He thanked the youngman and offered to pay him for the picture. " Oh, no sir, I could never repay what your son did for me.  It's a gift". The father hung the portrait over his mantle. Every time visitors came to his home he took them to see the portrait of his son before he showed them any of the other great works he had collected.

The man died a few months later. There was to be a great auction of his paintings.

Many influential people gathered, excited over seeing the great paintings and having an opportunity to purchase one for their collection. On the platform sat the painting of the son. The auctioneer pounded his gavel. We will start the bidding with this picture of the son.

Who will bid for this picture?" There was silence. Then a voice in the back of the room shouted, "We want to see the famous paintings. Skip this one."

But the auctioneer persisted. "Will someone bid for this painting? Who will start the bidding? $100, $200?"

Another voice shouted angrily, "we didn't come to see this painting.  We came to see the Van Goghs, the Rembrandts. Get on with the real bids!"

But still the auctioneer continued. The son! The son! Who'll take the son?

Finally, a voice came from the very back of the room. It was the longtime gardener of the man and his son. "I'll give $10 for the painting." Being a poor man, it was all he could afford. "We have $10, who will bid $20?"

"Give it to him for $10. Let's see the masters."

"$10 is the bid, won't someone bid $20?" The crowd was becoming angry. They didn't want the picture of the son. They wanted the more worthy investments for their collections.

The auctioneer pounded the gavel. "Going once, twice, SOLD for $10!"

A man sitting on the second row shouted, "Now let's get on with the collection!" The auctioneer laid down his gavel.

"I'm sorry, the auction is over."

"What about the Paintings?"

"I am sorry. When I was called to conduct this auction, I was told of a secret stipulation in the will. I was not allowed to reveal that stipulation until this time. Only the painting of the son would be auctioned. Whoever bought that painting would inherit the entire estate, including the paintings. The man who took the son gets everything!"

God gave His son 2,000 years ago to die on a cruel cross. Much like the auctioneer, His message today is: "The son, the son, who'll take the son?" Because, you see, whoever takes the Son gets everything.

TAKE TIME OUT FOR TEN THINGS...

Take time out to work ~
It is the price of success.

Take time out to think ~
It is the source of power.

Take time out to play ~
It is the secret of youth.

Take time out to read ~
It is the foundation of knowledge.

Take time out to worship ~
It is the highway of reverence.

Take time out to help and enjoy friends ~
This is the source of happiness.

Take time out to love ~
It is the one sacrament of life.

Take time out to dream ~
It hitches the soul to the stars.

Take time out to laugh ~
It is the singing that eases life's load.

Take time out to pray ~
It helps bring Christ near and washes the
dust of earth from our eyes.

--Author Unknown

Let Go ..... 

To "LET GO" Does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else. To "LET GO" Is not to cut myself off, it's the realization that I can't control another human being. To "LET GO" Is not to enable, but to allow someone to learn from their natural consequences. To "LET GO" Is to admit powerlessness , which means the outcome is not in my hands. To "LET GO" Is not to try to change or blame another, but to make the most of myself. To "LET GO" Is not to care for, but to care about. To "LET GO" Is not to fix, but to be supportive, and not violate my values. To "LET GO" Is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being. To "LET GO" Is not to be in the middle, arranging all the outcomes , but to allow God to work in the lives of others. To "LET GO" Is not to be protective, it's to permit another to face reality. To "LET GO" Is not to deny, but to accept . To "LET GO" Is not to nag, scold or argue with another person, but instead to search out my own shortcomings and allow God to correct them. To "LET GO" Does not mean to deny the shortcomings in others, but to accept others unconditionally in love. To "LET GO" Is not to adjust everything to my desires, but to accept each day as it comes; knowing God offers it to me for growth. To "LET GO" Is not to criticize or regulate anybody, but to try to become the person I understand God wants me to be. To "LET GO" Does not mean to compete against another human being, but rather, to compete within myself to learn "self- control" through circumstances God brings into my life. To "LET GO" Does mean to fear less and love more. To "LET GO" Means I don't demand my own way, but that I hold firm to my values and beliefs-- while allowing others the same privilege. To "LET GO" Doesn't mean that I expect God to do everything for me, but that I let God show me how to do His will for my life.

December 10

Make Me the focal point of your search for security. In your private thoughts, you are still trying to order your world so that it is predictable and feels safe. Not only is this an impossible goal, but it is also counterproductive to spiritual growth. When your private world feels unsteady and you grip My hand for support, you are living in conscious dependence on Me.

Instead of yearning for a problem-free life, rejoice that trouble can highlight your awareness of My Presence. In the darkness of adversity, you are able to see more clearly the radiance of My Face. Accept the value of problems in this life, considering them pure joy. Remember that you have an eternity of trouble-free living awaiting you in heaven.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
—Isaiah 41:10

Even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
—Psalm 139:10

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds.
—James 1:2

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Friday

Best of Health, Luck, and Happiness to Darla and Greg in their new home.

Enjoy uour new phone Gloria.

Can I ask for just a little prayer? It is nothing serious and you may think it is a little silly of me to ask.

I don't know if I mentioned this before but I play the Organ, actualy my husband and I built it almost thirty years ago.

I'm not a professional but I just play for my own enjoyment, it is very relaxing.

Well something happened to it and it wasn't playing, so we called the service department of the WERSI Organ Co. Located in Lancaster, Pa. it is about two or three hours away from us so it isn't just around the corner. We wanted to see if they could help us to figure out what was wrong with it. First of all it was like pulling teeth to try to get a hold of the young man who does the repairs, but when we finally got him he told us to send him one of the boards that have some of the electronics on it and he said it probably needed a battery. Well to make a long story short that didn't work and then we had to try and get a hold of him again this went on for several months, and we did pay him, then he said he would something else and he didn't come through again and again. So I finnaly gave up and We just purchased a Yamaha keyboard which I received yesterday.

Yes I'm finnaly getting to what I want the prayer for. This thing is quite a handful and it is a little beyound me.

I really have a lot to learn, I'm afraid if I can't habdle it I will have to send it back.And I really love to play.

So could you just say a little prayer for me.

Thanks.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Esteemed Contributor

Harlene, of course I'll be praying for you - I love playing the piano too, so I understand.  Hopefully you still can get the organ to work!  Learning a new keyboard should be fun, too, just follow the instructions, and maybe call someone?  Praying for you!!

Esteemed Contributor