Trusted Contributor

Do you ever have days when you wake up, snarling at the world? I wonder if we should have a forum just for us crabby people to vent.

I'm certainly out of sorts today. My DH and I were discussing something and I disagreed with him and pointed out why he was wrong (that didn't go over well, hehe).

He said, you're not listening to me, (always his argumen of last resort)  and I said, yes I AM and I'm showing you where YOU'RE wrong." Since he has a PhD and I'm less educated than he is, he seems to think that, he'll always be right and I'll always be wrong. It doesn't go down well when I catch him out in a mistake--big mistake or small, he really hates it.

Honored Contributor

🌸💐💚🌸💐

[ Edited ]

@FuzzyFacewrote:

Do you ever have days when you wake up....

YES!

And they are wonderfully awesome!

Life Half Empty; Life Half Full.

It’s a choice. 

🌼💛🌼💛🌼

Honored Contributor

Seems pointing out his mistakes pleases you. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, of course we all have bad (crabby) days.....and I always get out of the same side of the bed, so that can't be the problem!  I don't think we need a special forum for it though........people don't seem to have any trouble posting their bad feelings just about anywhere on these boards!

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

My go to arguement is, and you can use it, is:  You can be educated, just not right.  Not on every subject.  

Respected Contributor

No I am one of those people that wakes up being grateful that I did!  Just because your husband has a degree that you don't certainly does not make him smarter than you are. The question both of you should be asking yourselves is this "Is it more important to be right or is it more important to treat the other person with kindness?" Not always easy to do that and I understand being upset when someone is always telling you that you are wrong.

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace

Sure, many days I feel less jovial than others. I have to think this just might be a natural thing for most humans. No particular reason for me, it's just the way my life seems to roll.

As far as those with "certificates"? I've stated it here many times that many that hold them seem to feel superior to those that do not. In my everyday life I have gotten by pretty well without so much as a high school graduation certificate. Sounds like you are not shy about letting your husband know what his degree means to you in your life together! 

Crabby sometimes I think is a natural thing?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

No, I never wake up crabby.  I am just not a moody person, but my older sister and my daughter both can get crabby and often they are crabby at the same time while being together.  

I take my exit quickly.

BTW. I have told many people that being educated has nothing to do with common sense or intelligence.  Education means you were taught.  Common sense and intelligence are things you came by on your own...naturally.

Respected Contributor

We DO have a forum for crabby people to vent.

Valued Contributor

I love forum police.  LOL