Esteemed Contributor

Time sure flies!  53 years ago today we were married!  I was just here sitting, baby sitting my little granddaughters, 1 year old now, thinking of all our blessings!  We only started or family 8 years after we married, thought we couldn't have any, started adoption papers, and then got pregnant! 18 months later came another girl, and the doctor gave me a slim chance of having another one..  Now oldest daughter married and job moved them to our town, and she's a professor at the State U here, He, an electrical engineeer, and can work from home.  Guess who is their baby sitter?  YES! 

A year ago they presented us with identical twin girls for our first grandchildren! They are such a joy to take care of.  I know that everryone has crosses to carry, health and otherwise, but on this thread, let's count our blessings.  Do you have any blessings you'd like to share with us?  God bless you!

Honored Contributor

I feel we are all blessed through the tireless efforts of the rescuers in Texas.  They have 'earned their wings' many times over.  God bless them and those whose lives have been devastated by Harvey.

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean  You, my dear and first friend here, have always been a blessing to me.

Heart

I'm blessed to have DS and family very close by.

I'm blessed to have made some nice friends here.

I struggle with some issues in RL, but that's life.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Re: Counting My Blessings!

[ Edited ]

@gloriajean ~ Happy 53rd Anniversary!  WIshing you many more blessed years together🌹

i count my blessings everyday, and my true blessing is my son.  He is the most wonderful person I know...kind, compassionate, giving and loving and successful in his life.  I am truly blessed.✝️

Honored Contributor

I feel lucky to be alive. Just recently my house was struck by lightning and upon inspection by an electrician there were some very serious defects in my electrical wiring which, in every logical sense, should have electrocuted me, anyone else here and should have caused my house to go up in flames when the lightning struck. For some unknown reason I am still here and I am counting my blessings.  I haven't stopped thinking about what should have happened but didn't. smh.

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean,

So nice to read your post. Post some pics of the twins if you can. I always read all your posts before,

Image result for happy anniversary to you images

Respected Contributor

Happy anniversary, @gloriajean.  I hope you and your DH have a wonderful day.

Not unlike many of us here, my DH and I have enjoyed many blessings.  Here is one I will share for this thread:

Yesterday was the anniversary of my cancer diagnosis.  I had a .005% (half of one percent) chance of a one year survival. Yesterday marked the 26th year.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

I have had so many. Monday is my 35 wedding anniversary. We were 21 and 22. I am almost embarrassed to say that but we were facing a deployment that sped up the process. My husband had is annual cancer check up and has beeen cancer free for 15 years. Kids are healthy and good men, grandkids are healthy. I am smart enough to know what is important in life.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Re: Counting My Blessings!

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG wrote:

Happy anniversary, @gloriajean.  I hope you and your DH have a wonderful day.

Not unlike many of us here, my DH and I have enjoyed many blessings.  Here is one I will share for this thread:

Yesterday was the anniversary of my cancer diagnosis.  I had a .005% (half of one percent) chance of a one year survival. Yesterday marked the 26th year.  

@IamMrsG ~ that is wonderful news!  Continued blessings to you and family!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee ~ a few years back, the same thing happened to a neighbor.  All I can say is "there but for the grace of God go I."

Be well and stay safe❤️