Valued Contributor

I must be the only Debbie Downer who thinks he is coming because he wants to borrow money LOL

I watch too much Judge Judy!!

Trusted Contributor

@Starpolisher Just enjoy the visit whether you have them to your home (simple lunch) or arrange to meet at one of your favorite restaurants. As someone else suggested invite one or all of your kids to join you. I think you'll be glad you made the effort.

Esteemed Contributor

I was fortunate to be raised by two of the most hospitable people you could ever meet. We used to call my parents home Grand Central Station. I learned a lot from them how to entertain. 

But still, I used to get stressed out when entertaining wanting everything to be perfect. I guess I have lowered my standards because today I would much rather entertain than be entertained.

Of course you could always say let's go to a new bistro that just opened up in town and then come back to my house for dessert.

But serving lunch can be easy. Get a rotisserie chicken or even fried chicken at the grocery, pick up a pre-made salad, some fruit and baguette and butter. Or maybe deli meats and cheeses, bakery bread/rolls, potato salad or chips, and dessert.

I think  once your plans are finalized your stress will ease and you can have fun planning for your guests.