Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

In any event thank you for posting about it because I did not know the hot air dryers are so gross. Here I was thinking they are sanitary all this time, YUK.

@PilatesLover . I had no idea either...something new to worry about & avoid.

Respected Contributor

Close your toilet lid when you flush your toilet at home to help keep the bacteria from "floating" around your bathroom.Keep your toothbrushes covered also.

Esteemed Contributor

When my daughter went to Massage Seminars, she learned there that those air dryers are bad for you so I haven't used one since.  I even hated them before I knew this.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie, OMG🙄!  LM

Contributor

@hondagirl wrote:

A co-worker at my job refuses to dry her hands in the ladies room with the hot air dryer.  When she walks back to her desk past me she dries her hands in her back side - wearing either slacks, dresses, jackets or whatever.  She thinks no one sees her but I think this is gross and have to look at this day after day.  Any opinion???  I would like to say use a paper towel/etc but I can't bring attention to myself... Why would someone use their clothes to dry hands - think this is dirtier than using the dryer.... Ugh...

At least you know she washes her hands. In my office there are a few people who don’t wash their hands after using the rest room. I always tempted to comment , “Did you forget something?” They’re nice co-workers — with filthy hands 

Contributor

@hondagirl wrote:

A co-worker at my job refuses to dry her hands in the ladies room with the hot air dryer.  When she walks back to her desk past me she dries her hands in her back side - wearing either slacks, dresses, jackets or whatever.  She thinks no one sees her but I think this is gross and have to look at this day after day.  Any opinion???  I would like to say use a paper towel/etc but I can't bring attention to myself... Why would someone use their clothes to dry hands - think this is dirtier than using the dryer.... Ugh...

At least you know she washes her hands. In my office there are a few people who don’t wash their hands after using the rest room. I always tempted to comment , “Did you forget something?” They’re nice enough co-workers, but I would never shake their hands

Esteemed Contributor

@Jayn804 wrote:

@hondagirl wrote:

At least you know she washes her hands. In my office there are a few people who don’t wash their hands after using the rest room. I always tempted to comment , “Did you forget something?” They’re nice enough co-workers, but I would never shake their hands

I don't like shaking hands with people for this reason.....LOL. When my daughter introduced me to a male friend of hers, he stuck his hand out, but I just gave him a fist (fist bump).

I especially dislike shaking hands with a man, because this man nearly crushed my hand one time. 

Regular Contributor

Some of you will probably think this is gross.........here is my confession........I DO wash my hands and use paper towels when available.  However, when there aren't paper towels, I will shake my hands off in the sink, then run them through my hair a few times.  This fluffs up my style and dries my hands.  

Esteemed Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Close your toilet lid when you flush your toilet at home to help keep the bacteria from "floating" around your bathroom.Keep your toothbrushes covered also.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting that.  I never, ever leave my toilet lid in the up position.  My daughter, on the other hand never puts the lid in the down position in her bathroom.  Why do I care?  Because she and my granddaughter use the same bathroom and I want them to avoid the nasty stuff that floats around.  Besides which, who wants to look at the inside of a toilet whenever you pass a bathroom.  Woman Tongue

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

Why am I not surprised by the vitriol displayed on this thread?