Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Do you look at all your co-worker's backsides when then walk by you or just hers?  Mind your business, what she chooses to do with her hands is absolutely no concern of yours.  If you don't want to see it, stop staring at backside when she walks by you.  

I do! All the time!!! 

A04E83F1-2A79-4137-9746-A4CEE87E3BAE.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Do you look at all your co-worker's backsides when then walk by you or just hers?  Mind your business, what she chooses to do with her hands is absolutely no concern of yours.  If you don't want to see it, stop staring at backside when she walks by you.  

I do! All the time!!! 

A04E83F1-2A79-4137-9746-A4CEE87E3BAE.jpeg

byefelecia.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Co-worker question

[ Edited ]

4A008C5F-CDD9-42DB-8D28-F1EBA386A0D3.jpeg

The meme/GIF game is strong tonight!

Off to bed...

Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

I think I'd mind my own business and focus on my work rather than what people passing by my desk are doing. At least she's washing her hands!

Exactly!  I couldn't care less how people dry their hands, and I doubt I would even notice.  I don't see a problem here at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@hondagirl wrote:

Can't have paper towels in the ladies room... Too many who used this facility would clog up the toilets with paper and have overflow... I am minding my business but I would not eat anytthing this person every brings in for the office... Think this person is dirty...

Why? I don't see what the big deal is. If she dried her hands the way you wanted and then picked up a phone or a pencil or opened a drawer or did pretty much anything else, she would be coming into contact with germs.  Germs are everywhere!  It's a pretty good bet that within minutes of returning to her desk - or wherever she works - germs would be all over her hands.  And as you're sitting there watching her and judging her, your hands are pretty germy too.  

Some people use the bathroom and don't bother washing their hands.  I would call those people dirty.  But this woman?  No, not at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

People who say just ignore it and do your work probably have never worked in an office environment, particularly an open office.  Some things just can't be ignored. The sights, smells and sounds can really irritate. 

I understand and appreciate the OP's position.

Seriously?  The woman walks by, drying her clean hands on her own clothing.  What sight, smell, and sound is offensive about that?  I honestly think most people would not even notice.  Or care.

And I disagree that those of us who are saying ignore it (which seem to be the majority) probably haven't worked in an office environment.  I did for decades, and I still work in close proximity to other people.  I'm sure many others here have worked in an office environment and still do.

There's no reason why this can't be ignored.  What this woman does is not infringing on anyone else at all.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Choices are limited if you can't have papertowels.  Maybe the coworker heard of the air dryers being unsanitary.  Not much you can do unless you report it to HR.

can use TP to dry your hands thats available 

Honored Contributor

@hondagirl wrote:

Can't have paper towels in the ladies room... Too many who used this facility would clog up the toilets with paper and have overflow... I am minding my business but I would not eat anytthing this person every brings in for the office... Think this person is dirty...

It's called a waste paper basket.....

Esteemed Contributor

Naturally my attempt at levity was seized upon by the resident board bullies, but @hondagirl I was trying to get them off you for a while and I succeeded I suppose....I thought you were only venting @hondagirl, but in re-reading your post today I see you asked for opinions......that can be a dangerous thing to do around these parts.....

Respected Contributor

I did laugh off and on yesterday picturing the guy clipping his toenails on the desk  at work and going home to bake cookies!!Heart