Honored Contributor

In one of Joan Rivers comic routines, she says, “Why bother cleaning the house. In 6 months, you have to do it all over again”. 😄

Honored Contributor

Phyllis Diller use to say "I dust my stove top".

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@flbettyboophe started doing the house work and laundry after I got sick and was down and out for about a month. He is retired and just likes doing it, he even does the laundry and is much better at it than I ever was. I like to cook, but that's about it when it comes to the domestic goddess stuff. I thank God every day for such a good husband and he's handsome too.

@blackhole99  I get it. DH and I made an agreement when we were married. I’ll do all the cooking if he cleans up afterwards. His Mom was not a good cook and he enjoys coming home to a good meal. In the South, that’s usually a meat/chicken/fish and 3 veggies. It can include salad & rolls, too. I enjoy cooking & if home, try to stop working by 4:30-5 to start preparing dinner. I have to admit, I was raised on a big, hot dinner, as well. I keep it fairly low carb.

His doing dishes eventually evolved into throwing in a load of laundry or vacuuming when asked (2 beagles and shedded hair makes twice weekly vacuuming a necessity). 

Esteemed Contributor

Boop, nice pix.  I like to clean house, but my DH does the 2  bathrooms. I can't get down on the floor to clean the tub.  The problem with this plan is that my DH is recuperating from left side pneumonia and Legionaire's disease.  I am now the Master of our domain.  Next week he should be back to normal.