Honored Contributor

CIJ is an event that I look forward to.

Esteemed Contributor

i remember years back when they would only have CIJ on July 25th and it was such a special day to look forward to...the last couple years it starts at the end of June through July....overkill............not sure how they even call it Christmas in July when it is June!! haha...

BUT i must say......................i do watch and i will take it anyday over the beauty, gourmet, endless shows!!  I think from the preview on the webpage there may be alot  of  items leftover from last year shown.............hopefully they will also have some different hosts today that we haven't seen for a while instead of their weekday regulars these days...............

Esteemed Contributor

At least it's something different to watch and it can be entertaining.  I don't need anything else for Christmas decorating but I enjoy watching Valarie's shows.   If you do need something though you better order now and you might just have it by Christmas!!!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@KACEE1115  I always look forward to CIJ, especially this year. I don't usually buy anything during the first few days, because they are mostly clearance items. But I do like the nostalgic theme to some of the newer items from Mr. Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 

so agree July 25th was the 1/2 way point to Christmas.  

I enjoyed this special day since it was my bday too!  I used to host bday party and CIJ party with all my QVC friends (years ago) -- we'd eat bday cake and shop shop shop for Christmas.

Oh they were fun times!  The best part was we'd order so much we didn't even remember what we got -- they'd arrived QUICKLY then and we'd have a CIJ swap party!!! 

Those were the fun days of QVC...now, same ole same ole and too early!!!

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115lol  I can't even believe we'll be in July this week.   I'm feeling as if someone tore pages off the calendar and even erased them from my planner. 

Maybe I'll tune in to some CIJ just to see something a little different from the usual.

Honored Contributor

I like CIJ, if only to order my Valerie wreath.  I don't decorate much for Christmas, so her wreath is always my treat to me.  I always order it for the first week offered (probably a wise thing this year, given how long some things are taking!!!!).

Frequent Contributor

Re: Christmas in July

[ Edited ]

Christmas is my favorite holiday.  I watch holiday movies throughout the year because it brings me more happiness, hope, and faith into life,  especially during this time.  I'm active duty military and my family is dispersed throughout the country and OCONUS.  I'm not sure if we will spend Christmas together this year.  Therefore, I welcome Christmas in July more than ever.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas in July

[ Edited ]

@LIG1 wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

I am loving this!!! This is an unofficial holiday for me.😁 I even decorated my family room for the occasion. The nutcracker I purchased here a few years ago, is guarding the fireplace.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles, I'm loving it, too! I even have two small 3ft. trees up now (no ornaments), just the white lights at night to bring on a little happy!   

@LIG1 Two trees is a great idea, and really getting into the Christmas spirit! I think I'll do that next year.😁👍👍

I made some delicious crumb cakes that look almost like Jimmy The Baker's, with a recipe for Luncheonette Crumb Cake I adapted from Food.com, and King Arthur Flour's Cinnamon Streusel Coffeecake.😊

I used an old Temptations Christmas set for presentation.😊

Crumb cake!.jpg

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

What a strange year.  Will not be watching CIJ, mostly because I was furloughed due to the pandemic.  Buying things I do not need is the last thing I want to do.