Trusted Contributor

For me, Christmas decorating begins the day after Thanksgiving.  I have all of my Christmas decor down in our basement, and even though I have it fairly organized, it is a big undertaking as I have to go up and down stairs probably a million times until I get everything up!

I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year, and I want my fall decorations up for my guests...otherwise, it would feel like Christmas dinner!  I may put X-mas into the swing of things in our front sitting/living room that we don't use much just so I can get a head-start before Thanksgiving, but that will be it.  I want the rest of the house to still be in the fall mode!

We leave our Christmas decorations up until the first week of January. 

Trusted Contributor

We start decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving and leave them up until sometime the first week of January.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Me usually 1st week of December.  

Stores: last night 12:01 am 11/1

I went to WM this morning I saw a cute Elsa but expensive costume for my GD thought I'd surprise her when she come here tomorrow. Nope - gone was any sign of Halloween at 9:30 am!!! Replaced with all Christmas things even out front the poles were wrapped & holiday lights up in parking lot!

Then to CVS - yup same thing there

JCP - completely decorated and complete with Christmas music to shop by! (I went to the store that is neat & lots of sales staff).

Then tonight I see on TCM "It's a Wonderful Life" is on

too early for me😉

If your local stores just started putting out x-mas stuff yesterday, that's well after my local stores.  LOL

Our Walmart changed over the lawn and garden area to Christmas stuff several weeks ago.  Our Kohls has had x-mas stuff out for at least a month. 

Heck our grocery store had Halloween candy on the shelves by July 23.